PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear all those christmas gloats

Thomas Prondzinski
12-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Don't see any christmas gloats yet so I would like to start. LOML gave me a vaccum pressing systems, vaccum press set up from Rocklers,how did she do it? I don't really care but what a Merry Christmas.Now I'll have to start collecting veneers. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AT SMC
Now lets hear some gloating.

Thanks Tom

Jeff Ward
12-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Don't see any christmas gloats yet so I would like to start. LOML gave me a vaccum pressing systems, vaccum press set up from Rocklers,how did she do it? I don't really care but what a Merry Christmas.Now I'll have to start collecting veneers. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AT SMC

Thanks Tom

You have a Keeper and are a lucky man. I had hinted arount about that but will not know till LOMl gets off work. Keeping fingers crossed.

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 10:51 AM

Thanks Tom
Hi Tom,
I am looking for a vacuum pressing set up. How big is your bag? Is it pump driven or compressor? Who makes it? Are you happy with it?
I got a bathrobe and a hat....I'm gloating!
Mark

Thomas Prondzinski
12-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi Tom,
I am looking for a vacuum pressing set up. How big is your bag? Is it pump driven or compressor? Who makes it? Are you happy with it?
I got a bathrobe and a hat....I'm gloating!
Mark
Mark
Bag is 54x54,pump driven made by vaccum pressing systems.Bought from Rocklers,I'm as happy as can be. Have to learn about vaccum pressing so have nothing to compare too.

Tom

Kevin Gerstenecker
12-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Gots tons of stuff from LOML and the Kids! Woodworking things worthy of a Gloat are Beall Bowl Buffs..............I really wanted these beauties, should be a great addition to the Beall System. Also, Dewalt 18 Volt cordless drill. The Wifey has a client who is a large, custom home builder and he bought 50 of these to give to his crew for Christmas. He makes the offer to my wife to be included in his discount purchase every Christmas, and this year she took him up on the offer. Great Drill, 2 packs, charger and case.........and he got them for $99.00 each! Needless to say, I is a HAPPY Woodworker this morning! (Got lots of other nice things too...........Woodworking Books, Clothes, and a few Playstation Games! Yes, I am a big kid, and I like Playstation Games!) :D Wonderful Christmas as always.........and we haven't even been to Mom & Dad's house yet! Enjoy! ;)

Dominic Greco
12-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Even thought I picked it up last week from Woodworker's Warehouse (at a very nice discount), I consider my 18" Jet Bandsaw a Christmas present! As soon as the Timberwolf blades I ordered (2) days ago arrive, I will be sawing like there is no tomorrow (the stock blade that came with the bandsaw is less than WORTHLESS!).

See ya round,
Dominic

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Gots tons of stuff from LOML and the Kids! Woodworking things worthy of a Gloat are Beall Bowl Buffs..............I really wanted these beauties, should be a great addition to the Beall System. Also, Dewalt 18 Volt cordless drill. The Wifey has a client who is a large, custom home builder and he bought 50 of these to give to his crew for Christmas. He makes the offer to my wife to be included in his discount purchase every Christmas, and this year she took him up on the offer. Great Drill, 2 packs, charger and case.........and he got them for $99.00 each! Needless to say, I is a HAPPY Woodworker this morning! (Got lots of other nice things too...........Woodworking Books, Clothes, and a few Playstation Games! Yes, I am a big kid, and I like Playstation Games!) :D Wonderful Christmas as always.........and we haven't even been to Mom & Dad's house yet! Enjoy! ;)

Kevin,
Your gifts sound terrific!
Never stop being a kid! Merry Christmas.
Mark

Byron Trantham
12-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Well the LOML really went crazy this year! She got me a DeWalt 735 planer, two 50" Bessy K Bodies, a Jet spindle sander and embroidered a T shirt for me. The rest of the family and friends got me a float glass for sharpening, a lazer level, another 50" K Body, a Beisemeyer cut-off fence and two beading bits. Now what on earth did I do to deserve all this? I need to figure it out for next year. :rolleyes:

Here's a shot of the shirt, planer and sander.

Steve Roxberg
12-25-2003, 11:44 AM
How about sixteen jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps. My mother and sisters all caught the Woodcraft sale, they were hoping I didn't get too many.

Terry Hatfield
12-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Tom,

Nice haul!!!!! Congrats.

LOML got me something I really wanted. A frig for the shop!!!! It will be really nice to have a cold drink and maybe a apple or some other refrigerated snack without having to walk to the house.

Of course I already treated myself to the new edge sander. :D

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Terry

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Tom,

Nice haul!!!!! Congrats.

LOML got me something I really wanted. A frig for the shop!!!! It will be really nice to have a cold drink and maybe a apple or some other refrigerated snack without having to walk to the house.

Terry

Terry,
Please no beer in that new frig....remeber my "Holiday Drinkin" message.
Merry Christmas
Mark

Keith Starosta
12-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Like Byron said, I really don't know what I did to deserve the haul I got this year, but I am extremely greatful for it all. The woodworking-related gear I picked up included:

- Forrest WWII blade (from Mom)
- Five sets of plans from Norm's site, one of which is the deluxe router stations, into which will go my...
- Hitachi M12V (from the in-laws!!)
- HF 2HP DC (from LOML)
- 2 50" Bessey K-Body's
- several books and videos

It really was a great morning. My 7 year old son made out like a bandit! (it helps to have both sets of grandparents here on Christmas morning...) Like the old saying goes, "Let's always remember, there is a reason for the season", but I gotta say....I just LOVE getting gifts!!! :D :cool:

Keith

Terry Hatfield
12-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Terry,
Please no beer in that new frig....remeber my "Holiday Drinkin" message.
Merry Christmas
Mark

Mark,

Only a Bud Lite or 3 when Ken is over for a visit. :D Just water and Dr. Pepper for me.

Terry

John Piwaron
12-25-2003, 12:59 PM
SWMBO got me a book, The Furniture of Sam Maloof" and my sister in law got me a gift certificate to Woodcraft.

It's all good.

Glenn Clabo
12-25-2003, 4:18 PM
Something tall and something green...

Dale Critchlow
12-25-2003, 4:46 PM
I woke up to find a big bow on the door of my new shop! Of course, I have fitted out it with a few goodies in the last month or so.

Dale Critchlow

Ted Calver
12-25-2003, 5:08 PM

Thanks Tom

Something Glaser and something Lie-Nielsen!!

Julie Wright
12-25-2003, 7:04 PM
Well, I have had a Great Chrstmas. My family is here visiting from Kansas. I got $$$ so I could order the Vicmar100 chuck, Shark Jaws. Got the Sorby oval skew and diamond parting tool, wolverine sharpinging Jig with 2 attachments, woodworkers vise.
Hope Everyone Here had a wonderful Christmas.
Julie

Gene Collison
12-25-2003, 7:33 PM
Loml bought me a Lie Nielson skew blade block plane, also a Festool ROS. Wonderful christmas, I will enjoy these tools immensely, merry christmas....

Gene

Carl Eyman
12-25-2003, 8:01 PM
Santa left a Woodcraft slow speed 8 in bench grinder under the tree. Now I can try to home brew a wolverine style jig and look forward to sharp turning tools.

Dave Crabbs
12-25-2003, 8:14 PM
Happy Holiday Everyone,
So far the only woodworking gift I got is a 1 year subscription to Fine Woodworking Magazine from my Mom. But, my biggest gloat was the look on my sisters face when see opened up her cherry and walnut cutting board I made her and told me it was to beautiful to use :D.

Tomorrow I am going to my brothers house to exchange gifts with his family. Maybe I can post another gloat because I made a cutting board for my sister in-law too. For me, the look on there faces and the complements on something I made for them is the best gift they can give me...Ok the 1 year sub. to Fine Woodworking Mag is right up there too.

Dave

EliotMason
12-26-2003, 2:08 AM
Yowza! Some folks have been really good boys over the last year!

My dad gave me the Baldor .25 hp grinder - built like a tank and runs really smooth. Now I'll have to learn how to sharpen things with it!

But a quiet one for the shop otherwise - something small, feminine and 6 months old takes time and is always the best gift in the world!

Don Farr
12-26-2003, 6:42 AM
Congrats to everyone! Lots of really great stuff posted. Besides getting to see my grandchildren. I got my very own, very first WW II sawblade. Can,t wait to try that baby out today. I have already walked out to the shop and got the heat started.
This was specially great because I discovered that the kickback that I had a couple of weeks ago bent my exsisting blade. :D

Kevin Gerstenecker
12-26-2003, 8:30 AM
Congrat's to everyone on their nice additions this Christmas. Added to the nice things the LOML and Kids bestowed upon me, my Folks chipped in with some nice things as well. A new Bowl Gouge for turning, and a good chunk of cash to boot! (I knew I was kinda good last year, but not THIS good!) ;) Gotta track down a VS 8" Grinder in the next couple of days, this cash is burnin' a hole in my pocket! Don, nice score on the WWII Saw Blade.............wait 'till you see that thing cut................nothing like it. Great Saw Blade.........kinda hard to use anything else after a Forrest Experience. :D

Tyler Howell
12-26-2003, 9:38 AM
The Excalibur Blade Guard is almost installed. :D The New Makita SCMS is tuned and making sawdust :p (Nicely set up right out of the box. A little touch-up on the right 45* stop.)
And a new C5000 Olympus Digital Camara. Maybe I can give you a tour of this New-bees shop and creations. This is going to be the hardest to figure out of all the new toys. :confused:
Happy Holidays.

TJH

Richard McComas
12-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Tom,

Nice haul!!!!! Congrats.

Terry

Terry
Be careful, after the frig they give you a hot plate, then you go out to the shop one day and you find a narrow bed. You know what that means.

Sam Chambers
12-26-2003, 5:43 PM
Well, I'm using one right now - a secure digital wi-fi card for my Pocket PC. Now I can surf the 'net from the comfort of my easy chair!

I also got a Delta 6" variable speed bench grinder and a Highland Hardware gift certificate. The gift certificate is doubly cool, as it's made of wood. I can't use the shop stuff for several months while I recover from surgery, but it'll be fun to dream!