PDA

View Full Version : Organizing the Basement - Pixs

James Rowe
04-08-2007, 5:12 PM
All,

Recent project trying to make room for a basement workshop. Between exercise equipment, washer/dryer, and misc stuff this unfinished basement does not leave a lot of room to make a small workshop. Made a couple cabinets to at least organize the misc stuff. The smaller set with the doors was my first set. Still need to add doors to the second set to hide the clutter and keep the sawdust off.

Challenging space for a shop but I make due. Have a lot of work to get the shop organized next. I really have only started getting into woodworking as a hobby for about 18 months. I still have a lot of tools to get to fill things out but I am on my way. Cabinet cases all cut with guide rail. The problem with Festool products is once you get one you want them all. Great tools.

Jim Becker
04-08-2007, 5:52 PM
James, that's really nice work!!

Craig D Peltier
04-08-2007, 7:17 PM
What did you use for shelve supports? Dadoes?

BTW very nice.I like :D

James Rowe
04-08-2007, 9:27 PM
Just biscuits and screws. With the 1/4 inch back panel and face frames for additional support should be plenty strong. Really only use the screws so I don't have to use a bunch of clamps while the glue dries. Certainly no expert at this but once they are together they are very solid. These are deep cabinets, 24 inches deep. My other consideration is this for an unfinished basement so these are a little fancy for the space and they are painted so I could just patch the holes. I just happen to enjoy making them after a hard day at work and it will help keep the space clean.

Jaimie

Dennis Peacock
04-08-2007, 9:29 PM
Very nice work James and what a nice way to help organize the basement. :D

Don Bullock
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
James, that's a great, useful project. Super job.

glenn bradley
04-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Boootiful! I feel much better when my stuff is organized, if only to a degree (speaking for myself).

Mario Lucchesi
04-09-2007, 8:45 AM
Very nice work, That should go a very long way in organizing things to give you more room.

Jerry Strojny
04-09-2007, 9:56 AM
Those are great James. I could really use some cabinets like that in my basement, and shop, and garage.....you lucky dog you.

Somehow I have escaped the Festool vortex. But I'm a little worried about the "Domino" affect.

Enjoy the new organized space.

Charles Jackson III
04-15-2007, 8:50 PM
Nice work.

Keith Weber
04-17-2007, 4:23 PM
Looks good, James! How about a pic of it loaded up?

Keith