PDA

View Full Version : Ok my first ever gloat :-)

Mike Mastin
12-25-2003, 10:27 AM
First I hope that everyone is enjoying a peaceful and joyous Christmas with your families!

After much soul searching I have made the largest tool purchase of my life, to date. On Monday morning I will be departing from Austin, Texas with a large crate in the bed of my truck, heading for its new home in McKinney.
What's in the large crate? Well it weights approx. 800 lbs I am told and stands approx. 8' in height. A Minimax MM24 bandsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is for the business, but I hope to find a little time to use it build some stuff :-)

I finally broke down and purchased after a year and a half of personal debate and justifying the expense. I called Mike Tubbs to wish him a Merry Christmas and he told me that he had heard that I had purchased a new toy! I was wondering how in the world that he knew this as I had not told anyone about this yet. It seems that Erik from Minimax had contacted Mike to tell him that the world was coming to an end....I had finally made the purchase.

If anyone has some free time on Monday afternoon and you are close to McKinney, I am sure that your assistance would be appreciated in getting this monster off of the truck and into the shop.

Oh and I picked up a new 6" Rigid ROS for myself for Christmas too. I wanted the Festool, but the cost difference was just too much for me right now. Personal tools take a back seat to business needs, at least for the present time. Maybe in a couple years :-)

Happy holidays to all!

Jeff Ward
12-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Too far from San Antonio, but with you in spirit anyway. Good score.

First I hope that everyone is enjoying a peaceful and joyous Christmas with your families!

After much soul searching I have made the largest tool purchase of my life, to date. On Monday morning I will be departing from Austin, Texas with a large crate in the bed of my truck, heading for its new home in McKinney.
What's in the large crate? Well it weights approx. 800 lbs I am told and stands approx. 8' in height. A Minimax MM24 bandsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is for the business, but I hope to find a little time to use it build some stuff :-)

I finally broke down and purchased after a year and a half of personal debate and justifying the expense. I called Mike Tubbs to wish him a Merry Christmas and he told me that he had heard that I had purchased a new toy! I was wondering how in the world that he knew this as I had not told anyone about this yet. It seems that Erik from Minimax had contacted Mike to tell him that the world was coming to an end....I had finally made the purchase.

If anyone has some free time on Monday afternoon and you are close to McKinney, I am sure that your assistance would be appreciated in getting this monster off of the truck and into the shop.

Oh and I picked up a new 6" Rigid ROS for myself for Christmas too. I wanted the Festool, but the cost difference was just too much for me right now. Personal tools take a back seat to business needs, at least for the present time. Maybe in a couple years :-)

Happy holidays to all!

Mike Mastin
12-25-2003, 5:58 PM
The Minimax MM24 is actually only 7' tall (actually 81") and not 8' as I stated, in my initial gloat :-) Still a monster of a saw and I am childishly impatient, waiting to pick it up on Monday.