PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Incra Miter System???

Scott Taylor
04-08-2007, 9:39 AM
Does anyone have this system? I was looking hard at it at a recent tool show, but opted for "not yet" because I'm a research freek. Anyone have opinions on them or suggestions for somthing else?

tom crawford
04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I have the 3000 model and think it is great. Like it so much it sent me down the slipery slope - I now have the TS III and Twin Linear router table fence.

Peter Kuhlman
04-08-2007, 1:46 PM
Not sure which miter system you are referring to. They have the Miter Express and the Miter 5000. I have the Express and put my 1000SE miter guage on it. Works ok. I find that the "fixed" small board that is locked into the miter slot does not really lock - causes problems at times. The table is kind of small and several times I found it would not handle a larger panel. What ever you select (or build) be sure it will handle the largest width panel you need. I just ordered the Jessem Mast-R-Slide and am really curious if it will allow me to get rid of my miter guages and cross-cut tables. That would be ideal.
Pete

glenn bradley
04-08-2007, 2:01 PM
Think about the size of pieces you'll be cutting. Either of the sled-like systems get good reviews. I find that I don't have that much 'in between' size pieces. I use a V27 with the fence from the 1000 miter gauge for smaller stuff with good results. For larger pieces I go straight to a shop-made sled.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=59691&d=1173332176

Bob Childress
04-08-2007, 3:42 PM
I have the Incra 3000 with the miter extension (52" I think) on the Miter Express sled. Together they work really flawlessly and I am very pleased with the cuts I'm getting. You'll still need a larger sled for big pieces. I have had no trouble with the small stationary board not locking.:)