PDA

View Full Version : GLOAT! - I finally got my G0586 down the stairs!

Todd Hoppe
04-08-2007, 8:59 AM
I finally got my GO586 down the stairs and assembled. I couldn't be happier with it. Other than a few dings in the stand, it arrived in perfect condition, and the quality of cut is perfect.

Thanks for all the suggestions eveyone provided when I realized the crate was too heavy to lift! I eventually just pulled the fence off, and found a strong friend to help me carry it down the stairs.

Jim Becker
04-08-2007, 9:16 AM
Good deal, Todd...bit tools and stairs are a bit of a challenge, but in the end...you get to make some good stuff with those tools! Make sure you "tip" your strong friend appropriately. ;) :) :D

Scott Taylor
04-08-2007, 9:20 AM
Todd,

I have the same model, and I too am very happy with it. It is an outstanding piece of equipment. Plenty of power and came to me ready to cut; almost. Be sure to tune the fence in before relying on it for a perfect 90. Mine was off by almost two degrees.

Enjoy

Scott

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-08-2007, 9:35 AM
I like your mobility option. I think that is about the smartest way one can put a machine on wheels because when you set it in place the wheels are no longer touching the floor.

Don Bullock
04-08-2007, 9:43 AM
Congratulations. That's a nice machine.

Mac Cambra
04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I have the same machine as well, I think I have had it for 2 years now maybe a little longer, it is a great machine. I added a Byrd cutter head and couldn't be happier - that is an upgrade that is well worth the money.

Congrats