PDA

View Full Version : EZ Smart 20% off sale

Burt Waddell
04-07-2007, 10:16 PM
For those of you who are interested in the EZ Smart Equipment, Eurekazone is having a 20% off sale. WWW.eurekazone.com (http://www.eurekazone.com)

David Weaver
04-08-2007, 10:00 AM
How does this perform compared to the festool system in terms of precision? I'm seriously thinking about the festool system, but this is much cheaper.

Is the difference in price generally proportional with results?

I see several comments on amazon about not being able to cut 1 1/2 inches - is that true?

Also, I have a saw that's facing opposite of most saws - the face of the blade faces you if you're cutting. Would that work with this rail...just go backwards on it?

skip coyne
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi David

there is a Ez forum here

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26

check out the stickes , lots of EZ info there .

John Bailey
04-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi David,

If you go to the EZ manufacturer's forum you'll see a lot of good information. I think you'll find that many saws can cut the full 1 1/2"'s. Although I don't have an EZ, I'm hoping to get one some day and I find the EZ forum very informative.

John

Burt Waddell
04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
David,

Let me try to deal with some of your questions.

How does this perform compared to the festool system in terms of precision? I'm seriously thinking about the festool system, but this is much cheaper.

Here is a quote from the EZ Forum just last week. This young man was just starting with the EZ system. We helped him set the cabinet maker properly and here are the results:

Well, after setting things up the correct way (zero to the front of the blade), things worked much better. Slid the indicator to 3" and made a cut. I think you need to go back to the drawing board Dino and get rid of this slop ;)

Thanks to all!
Attached Thumbnailshttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61700&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1175654652 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61700&d=1175654652)

'Sorry the photo didn't copy. It shows a cut that should have been 3" being measured and it is 2 127/128".

I use the EZ regularly and like the young man above find it to be highly accurate. The differences in the systems are just enough to make direct item by item comparison difficult.

I see several comments on amazon about not being able to cut 1 1/2 inches - is that true?

Using the EZ is like using any other tool, you buy a saw to do what you want it to do. I have a skil 5 1/2" that only gives me a little over 3/4" and I have a Bigfoot that gives me a little over 3". Some of the 7 1/4" saws will only cut about 1 3/8" on the rail. I have a couple of Hilti's that cut 1 3/4" on the rail. DeWalt, Makita, Hatachi and bosch all make 7 1/4" saws that will cut over 1 1/2" on the rail.

Also, I have a saw that's facing opposite of most saws - the face of the blade faces you if you're cutting. Would that work with this rail...just go backwards on it?

I assume that you are referring to a left bladed saws. Yes saws with both left and right sided bladed work well with the EZ. When you order, you will need to tell dino or George that you need a left handed base. If you are right handed, in general you will find it best to use a right handed saw and vice versa.

EZ Smart takes great pride in having the square and repeaters - no one else has comparable tools for repeat cuts. Also, the bridge is a brand new tool by EZ and I personally find it to be the best yet.

Happy shopping.

Burt

John Miliunas
04-08-2007, 1:49 PM

Bruce, as Burt mentions, specify your left-cut saw for the proper guide setup. FWIW, I'm using a Dewalt 7-1/4 for misc. work but I also have a Bosch 1656 8-1/4" saw, which will do 1-3/4" on the rail. It will also bevel cut out to 60°, which is also a bonus with this saw. Dino snagged a deal for me on the saw as a "refurb". Very affordable! :)

Check out the EZ Forum for a LOT of insight and info into this marvelous system! Dino is not only an innovator to the umpteenth degree but, he also listens to his users for modification and improvement ideas. Also, it's not too often that you can pick up the phone and actually talk directly to the vendor, distributor AND designer, all at the same time! :) :cool:

Dave Falkenstein
04-08-2007, 6:57 PM
How does this perform compared to the festool system in terms of precision? I'm seriously thinking about the festool system, but this is much cheaper...
Several folks have referred you to the EZ forum here at Sawmill Creek. For information on the Festool side of your question, try the Festool forum - you can get there using Google and search for "festool owners group".