PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Category Idea

Scott Taylor
04-07-2007, 8:48 PM
I don't know if this will get to the right person, but I figured I'll start here.

I'd like to suggest a new idea for a thread/forum category:

"Shop Showoff"

I get a lot of my ideas by visiting other's shops or looking at them in periodicals. What about an area where members can post pictures with descriptions about their shop spaces. Big/small, simple/complex doesn't matter. It would be a great medium to share ideas and concepts.

Well, that's it. No more explanation necessary. Hope it works!!!

Jim Becker
04-07-2007, 9:30 PM
Keith has plans for a separate "Shop Tours" site in the future. It is unlikely that we will be adding additional forums at SMC due to the increase in administration and moderation load. In the mean time, folks just generally post a shop tour as a regular thread in the General Woodworking Forum.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Scott Taylor
04-08-2007, 9:31 AM
Jim, thanks for the reply; and the motivation to keep looking. I don't know why I never thought to do this search before, but I found something that's already out there. http://www.shoptours.org/. FYI

nic obie
04-08-2007, 8:21 PM
As Jim mentioned, there will not be any changes here.

Jim Becker
04-08-2007, 9:41 PM
As Jim mentioned, there will not be any changes here.
Actually, I said "unlikely", Nic...and that was specific to adding new forums. ;) And even so, there's already a possiblity for an addition in another area, proving that things DO change here. :)

Dennis Peacock
04-08-2007, 9:44 PM
Jim, thanks for the reply; and the motivation to keep looking. I don't know why I never thought to do this search before, but I found something that's already out there. http://www.shoptours.org/. FYI

Yup....that's a domain setup to house the shop tours from WoodCentral as well as all those that came over to WC from when Badger Pond was shutdown.

I believe that Keith and Aaron have plans for a shop tours section but it will be seperate from SMC proper as I understand it.

Scott Taylor
04-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys. Just a suggestion without knowing the history. I appreciate the explanation.