PDA

View Full Version : Gloat time

Ken Garlock
12-24-2003, 9:27 PM
Over the past several months we have made several additions to the shop and its accompanying garage.

First two pictures are the 16X24 addition to the shop garage to house my lawn mower since SWMBO decided that it must get out of "her" gardening garage. It will get bricked in mid January.

The third is my new Grizzly 20" 1.5 hp drill press. It is a beast, weighing in at over 300 lbs.

Fourth is my new MiniMax MM-16 bandsaw which I picked up at the Dallas woodworkers show a couple weeks ago. Nice saw, all I have to do is to learn the details of setting it up properly. Fortunately, it has the mobility kit as it weighs in at over 400 libs.

Slowly the shop is coming together. :)

Dave Crabbs
12-25-2003, 9:31 AM
First two pictures are the 16X24 addition to the shop garage to house my lawn mower since SWMBO decided that it must get out of "her" gardening garage. It will get bricked in mid January.

Dang Ken just how big is that mower to need a 16'x24' addition ;)... LOL
Nice looking addition I wish had the room for a dedicated shop and a
MM-16 bandsaw.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

Ken Garlock
12-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Dang Ken just how big is that mower to need a 16'x24' addition ;)... LOL
Nice looking addition I wish had the room for a dedicated shop and a
MM-16 bandsaw.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dave.

Well, the mower is a Scag 48" ZTR. It is the last mower I will ever have to buy ;) I also had some hidden motivation on the size. I soon discovered, the new shop is large enough to house the equipment, but not much room for storage of lumber and larger items. Hence, the more-than-required size. Secondly, the depth was dictated by the depth of the existing building.

BTW, I grew up in Akron, and my wife is from East Cleveland.

Dave Crabbs
12-25-2003, 8:54 PM
Well, the mower is a Scag 48" ZTR. It is the last mower I will ever have to buy
Hi Ken,
I know what you mean about the mower. My cousin has a Scag turf tiger with a 60" deck. That mower is built like a tank.

BTW, I grew up in Akron, and my wife is from East Cleveland. Norwalk is about half way between Toledo & Cleveland and 19 miles south of Cedar Point. I work construction and the closest I worked to your old stomping grounds is Doylestown and Canal Fulton. I like the Akron area but, the traffic that I can live without :p

Dave