PDA

View Full Version : New Shop Ideas

Keith Bragg
04-07-2007, 4:19 PM
Hi folks

Was just wondering if any of you good folks would share some pictures of your shop as Joe did as he was getting ready to move his shop home.

The reason I am asking is I have recently sold my Awards shop to a fellow Creeker and I have just ordered my new Epilog 45 watt 24x18 Helix :) I am now in the process of putting my shop in my basement and I am going to just play with my new toy and have fun and try some new things with it if I can make some $$$$ along the way fine if I don't that is fine to I can't wait:D . So i would love to see some of you folks shop areas for some ideas on how I would like to set up my new play pen.

Ideas like the exhaust pictures and such are what I am looking for Mike N. I think you have mentioned your shop is in the basement would love to see it if possible.

Thanks so much in advance.

Ed Lang
04-07-2007, 4:36 PM
Keith,
You are welcome to look at some of my toys and shop space. I am in here fulltime and the shop is just too small. I will have to cope for a while.

www.kc4ylx.smugmug.com

You will be able to see several layouts that I tried. Right now I have it better than I have in the past but I still need to get it better. In time I'll work out the bugs I am sure.

Ed

Mike Null
04-08-2007, 7:35 AM
Keith:

Will do but I need to straighten up my mess first. Organization is not my strong suit.

Nancy Laird
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
OK, Keith, I'll bite. Here are pictures of our shop, pretty much as it is now, except it is now much messier. These were made just after we moved in our second laser.

The shop is in a separate building, 12x20. The door is in the 12-foot south wall.

This is a view of the entrance door, with our sandblaster sitting on the table just inside. To [your] right in this picture is a sink and counter, with a small hot water heater underneath, and a potty room in the corner.

This is the east wall, two side-by-side desks with computers - the first one is hooked into the network for controlling the lasers, the other one is our bookkeeping and "play" computer. That's hubby sitting at the first computer. The other door is city-mandated for a second exit to the building, but we never open that door.

North wall - shelving and a work table.

West wall - the "working" wall. From left to right are a ULS M-360 40W, another desk with the main controlling computer for the two lasers, and a ULS M-20 20W in the corner, all with shelving storage above.

As far as our exhaust is concerned, you can check out this thread and see our setup
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47353. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47353.)(I had already posted this picture once on the site, so can't do it again; best I can do is direct you to the original post.)

Feel free to ask any questions, either here or by PM, and I'll answer what I can.

Nancy

Bill Cunningham
04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Keith:

Will do but I need to straighten up my mess first. Organization is not my strong suit.

This must be quite a common problem.. My customer area is separate from my work area... good job too!! I work alone, and go from one job to the next, and do a once a month cleanup, just so I can move..:D

This is my customer area..
The shop picture will come after cleanup..:eek: