PDA

View Full Version : Mantle

mike bailey
04-06-2007, 9:50 PM
Just wanted to get some input on a mantle I recently built. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Pete Brown
04-06-2007, 9:57 PM
Did you mean to post a photo in that message?

Pete

mike bailey
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I tried but it did not work. Never posted anything before. I'm not good with computers. Sorry.

Pete Brown
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
No problem, Mike.

If you have the image on your machine, and it has been resized from the camera so it isn't huge, click the paperclip right above the reply box where you type your message.

You may get a popup warning at the top of your browser. If so, click it to allow the popup (you may need to click the paperclip again afterwards).

Then, when you see the "Manage Attachments" window, click the "browse" button to find the image on your machine and upload it. If the file is too big, you won't be able to upload it (you'll instead see a message that says the image is too big). Most camera programs will allow you to copy and resize an image. Try for a size around 640x480 or so, as that almost always fits.

After you do that, click the "Close this window" button (you may need to scroll down). Finally, when back in the text editor (where you type your message), click the little down arrow to the right of hte paperclip and select the option to insert all images.

It sounds like a lot, but once you do it once or twice, it will be easier.

Pete

mike bailey
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
THanks I'll try that.

mike bailey
04-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Think I finally got it.

Pete Brown
04-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Yep, that came through.

Very nice! Can you tell us a bit about the construction (materials, techniques, etc.)

Pete

mike bailey
04-06-2007, 10:58 PM
It's made out of Aspen and Maple for a bit of contrast in the grain and the stain. The columns are like a raised panel door with the panel being 1/4" ply. It was built in three seperate pieces and than assembled in the customers home.

Jason Tuinstra
04-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Mike, you may struggle with computers, but it looks like you have mantles pretty well figured out. Nice job. I like the tapered pillars. It gives it a nice effect.