PDA

View Full Version : Quicken 2004 question.......

Roy Wall
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
My TurboTax 2006 says I need to convert my quicken 04 files to a TXF so it can import my info.........

I haven't been able to find out how to do it yet...any help is appreciated!!

I can purchase the Quicken 07 if needed...(this makes the import to Turbo Tax automatic)..I know that's why they make it difficult for an unskilled soul like me...

Thanks!

Eddie Watkins
04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
My TurboTax 2006 says I need to convert my quicken 04 files to a TXF so it can import my info.........

I haven't been able to find out how to do it yet...any help is appreciated!!

I can purchase the Quicken 07 if needed...(this makes the import to Turbo Tax automatic)..I know that's why they make it difficult for an unskilled soul like me...

Thanks!

Roy,
I can't say for sure but a few years ago I had to convert to a new edition because the formats in the Billpay process changed. It may ahve been around 2004. You might call Quicken and tell them what is happening and see what they recommend. Usually the tech support people don't try to market so they will probably give you the straight answer.

Eddie

Eddie

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I wish I could help, Roy, but I keep my Quicken current and it's changed a bit since 2004. Eddie's suggestion to speak with technical support is spot on...

BTW, since you use both Qucken and Turbo tax for tax records/preparation, you can use the cost as a misc deduction when you itemize. It will come up in the TurboTax "interview"...