PDA

View Full Version : Delta T-2 rip fence mounting question

Jeff Miller
04-05-2007, 9:00 PM
For those of you that put this fence on a saw that the holes didn't line up how far from the top of the table to the very top of the angle iorn, if someone could measuer this it would help to give me a starting point. I want to clamp both angles on the saw and set the fence on temporally to get the right heighth before I start drilling.

Thankyou
Jeff :cool:

Tim Lynch
04-05-2007, 9:37 PM
I just mounted a T2 to a Craftsman contractor saw 2 days ago...

I just measure it based on what you asked: My front rail is down 7/8" but the back rail is down only 3/4".

I admit that I was so excited to get the thing on there that I rushed it a bit and the fence ended up high on the first try. I redrilled using different holes, then was a tad too low -- the fence looked good, but then bumped over, or more accurately, fell into the mitre slots when I slid it side to side. So I drilled the holes a little oversized and was able to raise it up a tiny bit. That did it, luckily, before I embarrassed myself any further.

So the 7/8 and 3/4" is where it ended up after all that.

One thing to note that I learned during my "crap, what do I do now?" process: If you loosen the bolts holding the two fence sides on, you can move them up or down a tiny bit, and this just might be enough to save the day.

Good luck; the fence is great!

Jeff Miller
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks Tim thats just what I wanted to know:D:cool:

Have a nice day

Jeff