PDA

View Full Version : Best price on a Tormek?

Aaron Buys
04-05-2007, 7:54 PM
I'm looking to purchase a Tormek...whats the best place to purchase one and whats the best price I can hope to find. Everything I've found so far seems to be around the $400 mark. Any advice?

Thanks!

Vijay Kumar
04-05-2007, 8:27 PM
I'm looking to purchase a Tormek...whats the best place to purchase one and whats the best price I can hope to find. Everything I've found so far seems to be around the $400 mark. Any advice?

Thanks!
I think you are out of luck. Hartville Tool and Amazon used to have great buys every now and then. But about a year ago the company cracked down on this practice (I believe at the urging of the US distributor), so now about the only deals that you can get are at the WW shows where you can get some discount on a bundle of accessories along with the tool. You might call Hartville and see if they have any deals (call and ask for Jason not on the Internet)--they had some deals about a month ago--but not advertised.

Of course you can always buy the Jet clone, the Scheppach or dare I say it Harbor Freight!

Vijay

Steve Kohn
04-05-2007, 9:11 PM
The other option is used on ebay.

Steven Evans
04-05-2007, 9:50 PM
How does the Jet system stack up to the Tormek? They look the same. I would love to save 100.00 but not if the Jet won't perform up to Tormek abilities.

tom crawford
04-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I wanted the Tormek but could not justify the premium price so I bought the Jet for $280. I am completeley satisfied. The little tool they supply for measuring the current angle on a tool does not work well but that is really very minor.

Tom Crawford
Selma, Oregon

Mike Heidrick
04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Jet Slow Sharpener will be on sale at woodcraft on april 14th - $10% off the $299 price for the kit - $269.99. Kit includes dust cover, under tool cabinet, and cord wrap.

Chris Barton
04-06-2007, 7:38 AM
There have been many posts regarding the Jet vs Tormek issue here at SMC. Do a little search, read a few posts (including some links to independent reviews) and make your call. Either will serve you well...

Thomas Loftus
04-06-2007, 8:49 AM
The Jet's now on sale at Amazon for 239.99

Charles McKinley
04-06-2007, 9:15 AM
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see links to various threads about this.