PDA

View Full Version : Hello new meat here

sean marcin
12-24-2003, 1:22 AM
Hello everybody.This looks like a nice hang-out.I just joined and thought I'd say hi.I will spend some time reading for a few weeks to get a feel for the place before shooting off my mouth again.
By the way I'm just your basic hobby type.Not great at it but not bad either.Some where is a link to my only web page,but I'll figure that out later.

Thanks all,be seeing you here.

Dennis Peacock
12-24-2003, 1:41 AM
Welcome to SMC Sean.!!! Grab a fishin' pole or just take your shoes off and wade around here for a while. Share what you know and learn all you can. SMC is THE place to help shorten the learning curve on most every aspect of ww'ing. Once again, Welcome and Merry Christmas.!!

Todd Burch
12-24-2003, 1:49 AM
Welcome Sean!

Tom Hintz
12-24-2003, 5:11 AM
Sean,
There is nothing wrong with being a "basic hobby type." That description fits nearly all of us, and really doesn't involve skill levels. Nearly all woodworkers are in the learning process, something that makes this hobby fun, and always interesting. We can always learn something new, a new way to do something, a safer way of working.
Ask the questions you have, and read the posts on this forum. very often a question asked by someone else will be close to something you may have wondered, or will stir a question of your own. There will also be questions asked for which you will have input.
The key to any forum that works is supporting each other regardless of the current skill level. Everyone is growing and learning new things about woodworking. Doing it together is more fun, and safer.

Mike Leonard
12-24-2003, 6:06 AM
Welcome Sean. Great bunch of talented folks here.

Stewart Crick
12-24-2003, 7:28 AM
Welcome Sean!

Gotta ask, do you work for Oneida Air Systems? Either way good to have ya in the creek!

Stu

Jason Roehl
12-24-2003, 7:41 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Sean. Nice blanket chest you made there, and it looks like you're getting one of the best rewards, too--a hug from a little one!!

Charles McKinley
12-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Welcome Sean,

The feature on this site are addictive! The staff is first rate as well as the people who post here.

Kevin Gerstenecker
12-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the Creek Sean! I echo what the others have said, great bunch of folks here....................enjoy! Merry Christmas! ;)

sean marcin
12-24-2003, 4:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

And no Oneida Air systems are not from Onieda.But there only 25 miles up the road.

John Miliunas
12-24-2003, 5:21 PM
A BIG welcome from the Badger state, Sean! As others have said, SMC is a GREAT place to hang out, learn, contribute and just to share both, good and not so good experiences. I always feel I come away from here just a tad bit more knowledgeable having visited with my friends. Welcome aboard and come back often! Oh, and have yourself a SUPER Christmas/Holiday Season! :cool:

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 1:14 AM
Hello everybody.This looks like a nice hang-out.I just joined and thought I'd say hi.I will spend some time reading for a few weeks to get a feel for the place before shooting off my mouth again.
By the way I'm just your basic hobby type.Not great at it but not bad either.Some where is a link to my only web page,but I'll figure that out later.

Thanks all,be seeing you here.

I am new meat too. I joined in Dec. 2003. This is a great place! The guys are supportive and it is very nice to be able to share ideas. I have really enjoyed it and spend part of each day with my new friends at SMC. glad you joined.
Mark