PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Corel X3 set up.

Avi Maor
04-04-2007, 5:06 PM
When I draw rectangle 100mm' X 100mm', I am getting it really on the Lcd screen as 95mm' vertical X 105mm' horizontal rectangle.

What should I do to set it (Tools, option?) so at 100% zoom level I will get really 100mm' X100mm' rectangle at the screen?.
Thanks.
Avi Maor

Larry Bratton
04-04-2007, 7:07 PM
What is happening is that you have the proportional feature locked in. When you have your rectangle selected, look at the window that shows the size, then to the right, (beyond the next windows that show %, you will see a little tiny lock symbol, right click and it will then look like an open pad lock. You can then put in your sizes as desired and they will be as you enter. Good luck!

Avi Maor
04-05-2007, 2:02 PM
Larry,thank you.
Avi.

Richard Rumancik
04-05-2007, 5:01 PM
I'm a little confused by the question (and the response.) Avi, are you saying that you are physically measuring the image on your monitor? If so, I don't know why you want to do this. I can't say I ever verify anything by measuing the screen. But I just measured a square and the vertical is not equal to the horizontal. But I can't say it bothers me as I would not use this information for anything.

A 100% zoom does not mean "true size" at the monitor. It's kind of an arbitrary starting reference and depends on the size of your monitor. You would have to experiment as to what zoom level would give true size at the monitor. But again, why would this be needed?

I don't have an LCD monitor - I guess I should have used a plastic ruler. Now I need to degauss the monitor . . .

Larry Bratton
04-05-2007, 7:17 PM
:D Richard..hahaha..after reading closely I'm confused too, but my response obviously helped!!

Jerry Allen
04-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Either it was screen calibration or the input size properties were locked.

Screen calibration from Help:
To calibrate the rulers to real-world distance

1. Click Tools / Options.

2. In the Toolbox list of categories, double-click Toolbox, and click Zoom, hand tool.

3. Click Calibrate rulers.

4. Place a clear plastic ruler under the on-screen horizontal ruler.

5. Click the up or down arrows on the Horizontal box to match one unit of measurement on the on-screen ruler with one unit of measurement on the actual ruler.

6. Place the ruler beside the on-screen vertical ruler.

7. Click the up or down arrows on the Vertical box to match one unit of measurement on the on-screen ruler with one unit of measurement on the actual ruler.