PDA

View Full Version : Need help for tenon machine

Reed Wells
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi guys, I hope you can steer me in the right direction with a little problem I have. I just finished tenoning 500 bed spindles for my log beds. My leg is about to fall off. I will be 60 this August and the old body just won't keep up with the mind. What I would like to do is mount a pneumatic ram to the back of the drill motor (http://www.majikmushroom.com/woodworking2.html) and have a foot valve of some sort. Volume of air is no problem. I need about a eight inch movement to complete the tenon. Foot valves I have no knowlege of. Could some one come up with an idea or suggestion that would point me in the right place? Thanks a whole bunch, Reed

Kyle Kraft
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Reed,

Try SMC, Numatics, Clippard, Parker, Festo, Humphrey. and the like. Most every pneumatic component manufacturer will have some type of manual valves, foot valves, etc. McMaster Carr, and MSC would also have the stuff.

Rick Lizek
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Mcmaster will even help with technical stuff and they have all the components in stock. You can even adjust the speed of each cycle.

Greg Cole
04-04-2007, 1:09 PM
McMaster usually has whatcha want in stock 99.999% of the time, but you are rarely knowing exactly the brand you are buying until you open the box. Also, their prices can be on the steep side.
Norgren, Festo, Numatics, FSC, Eagle.... many manufacturers for sure. You might want to look up a local "fluid power" outfit and see what brands they carry and they can lend a hand in getting the right item.

Just my $0.02.

Reed Wells
04-04-2007, 2:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I think I will have to search local. I just did a goog search and I have no idea what I need. Thanks, Reed

Rob Wright
04-04-2007, 3:25 PM
Just what everyone else said - but the cylinders can be bought on the cheap from Surplus Center. I am rigging one up on my Kreg jig ao I don't have to reach all the way around to clap it anymore (older model) Good luck! - Rob

http://www.surpluscenter.com/