PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from a new member

Patrick Taylor
04-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi all... I've been reading the forum for a few weeks, and though it was time I introduced myself. I'm new to turning (since Xmas '06) but here is a 12" ambrosia maple bowl I turned with lots of guidance from a mentor (not to mention using his lathe) and a cherry bowl I turned without any assistance. (Both are just sanded, and will be finished later)

I enjoy the threads, and appreciate the helpful information, so thanks.

http://www.beadsandcoves.com/uploaded_images/DSC07500-761790.jpg

http://www.beadsandcoves.com/uploaded_images/DSC07648-782224.jpg

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Patrick...Patrick...Patrick......! You should have found turning a long time ago! Fantastic first bowls...with or without a mentor! You show a lot of natural talent!..........Welcome to the Creek and the Vortex! As minister of Bonkers I now pronounce you officially Abysserated!

Very well done Patrick! Don't hesitate to ask question or give information as you deem fit!

Neal Addy
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the Creek! Glad you came out of the wings.

These are spectacular pieces. Great form on both of them. Look forward to more postings from ya!

George Van
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow Patrick! You are sure a quick learner, these are great flowing forms and your sanding looks flawless. I hope to see more soon.

Chip Sutherland
04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Welcome aboard. Very nice form. Very attractive. Drop in and share often.

Pat Doble
04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Welcome aboard - and a great couple of bowls. Keep up the good work - looking forward to seeing more of it.

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Very well done Patrick..!!!!! Very nice AM bowl and very nice photo. :D
You did Good...and WELCOME TO SMC!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Patrick welcome to Creek. Lots of good people here and lots of knowledge.

Nancy Laird
04-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Patrick, welcome--wade right in, the water's fine and the tadpoles and bullfrogs don't bite too badly.

That AM bowl is just exquisite! I really like it. New to turning, huh? You'd never guess from these two pieces.

Nancy

John Chandler
04-04-2007, 12:11 AM
I agree with the rest - the bowls are real nice.

Travis Stinson
04-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Wonderful looking bowls Patrick! Welcome aboard, can't wait to see more. :D

Jonathon Spafford
04-04-2007, 2:29 AM
Welcome to the Creek and the Vortex! As minister of Bonkers I now pronounce you officially Abysserated!

Oh yeah???? He skipped the bonker stage... that isn't right! That has always been an essential part of abysseration! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the creek, Patrick! Make sure you post often, post lots of pix, and enjoy yourself! Great bunch of guys on here... so join the group ;) You are off to a great start! Those pieces definitely don't resemble firsts (especially compared to mine)... they are beautiful. Keep up the awesome work!

Christopher K. Hartley
04-04-2007, 5:29 AM
Wow Patrick, great work. Those are both beautiful looking bowls. Now, Welcome to the Abyss, Feel the sucking yet? No, it not your mentor's DC setup; it's the Vortex pulling at your hip pocket.:eek: Great to have you aboard.:)

Patrick Taylor
04-04-2007, 7:20 AM
Those pieces definitely don't resemble firsts

Trust me, there are another dozen that are TERRIBLE... I just didn't show them here! :D

Thanks for the welcoming comments everyone.

Steve Schlumpf
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Patrick - Welcome to the Creek! Love both of your bowls! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!