PDA

View Full Version : Router Bit World ????

Bill Huber
04-03-2007, 9:25 PM
Has anyone ever bought from Router Bit World ?

On the 10th of March I orders a rabbet set from them and have not seen it as of yet. I called them and got a machine and was ask to leave a message and would be called back. I have never been called back.

So has anyone had dealings will them in the past and if so was it good or bad?

Steve Clardy
04-03-2007, 9:41 PM
1 time.
Ordered 3 Freud bits.
****e one a week later.

No responses to my many emails.

Finally Charles, from Freud, also a member here, stepped in and took care of me.;) [Thanks Charles:D ]

Bill Huber
04-03-2007, 9:56 PM
1 time.
Ordered 3 Freud bits.
****e one a week later.

No responses to my many emails.

Finally Charles, from Freud, also a member here, stepped in and took care of me.;) [Thanks Charles:D ]

Its not looking to good to me..
I should have known better, I guess I will stick to the big guy from now on.

Thanks for the reply

Bruce Benjamin
04-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I've heard of them before but have had no experience with them. They may actually be a decent place to do business and these two bad experiences were just coincidental flukes. But that's not likely and this is a perfect example of how much power a WW forum can have on a business. I know I'll never give them a chance to ignore me and I'm sure I'm not alone. I just don't think some business owners realize how stupid it is to ignore phone calls and emails.

Bruce

Corey Hallagan
04-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Everyonce in a while on different forums this shop comes up. Same issue, no response ... bits take forever... bad customer service etc. I have avoided them.

Corey

Bill Huber
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Everyonce in a while on different forums this shop comes up. Same issue, no response ... bits take forever... bad customer service etc. I have avoided them.

Corey

I know I will in the future.

Thanks.

J. Greg Jones
04-04-2007, 5:25 AM
I've placed 4-5 orders with them over the past few months and I have been very satisfied. Twice I had items that were not in stock and they immediately shipped what they did have and sent me the backorder about a week later. They are a division of Timberline Tools if that makes any difference, good or bad, and have lower prices for the same items on the Timberline site.

scott spencer
04-04-2007, 5:51 AM
It's my understanding that RBW is associatged with Timberline Tools, and is owned (or at least run) by Jeffrey Duncan, who posts on the Woodnet forum occasionally. I've heard of people who've had good experiences, but have also read a few complaints similar to the two listed here. IIRC, the last time there were some internal issues they were addressing and Jeffrey was buried while dealing with them.

They are a legitimate business, but I have no clue what's up in this case.

Jeffrey Duncan
04-04-2007, 7:11 AM
routerbitworld.com is the cutting tools arm of Timberline Tools. Timberline tools (Timberline Woodworkers Supply locally) has been in Orem, Utah for over 30 years selling woodworking tools and supplies.

We do, of course, try to take care of EVERY customer and one slips through the cracks, I am glad to know that at least through the ww forums we can still get to them. Many websites are so large that they can't possibly reach their customers on a personal level. We try to provide the broad selection of a larger site but still the comfort level of a small, personal store.

Please call me if you have any questions or problems. My direct extension is 801.921.3543. We USUALLY have a very quick turn around time, both for shipping and problem solving. (As you can see, this message was posted at 5am our time, so I am at least awake this early)

Hope to hear from you.

Jeffrey Duncan
Customer Care
routerbitworld.com

Tom Jones III
04-04-2007, 8:46 AM
I bought a Freud raised panel set and another bit from them and got it very quickly.

Bill Huber
04-05-2007, 8:47 AM
When I got home last night I checked and the router bits have been shipped.
Now I guess I can say things are looking better.

Keith Webster
04-05-2007, 9:39 AM
Well...since "The Man" from routerbitwourld.com joined this forum just to help the guy out....I might just start shopping with them. Good job....hope your problem got solved!

Lee Schierer
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I've ordered several router bits from them on different occassions and have received my bit promptly. I've had no problem with the bits. I will do business with them in the future.

jason lambert
05-29-2007, 12:32 AM
I have placed about 4 orders with them over the past year and 3 out of the 4 I have had issues with. Wrong bits being sent the most current is I placed a order for 3 bits got a shipment notice but they only shipped one bit the 2 others I am still waiting for two weeks later I think they stock some and if it is not in stock order it then send it to you. The trouble is there web site does not tell you if it is in stock or not so it is a gamble when you are going to get it.

Email responce is also on the slow side but they did get back to me.