PDA

View Full Version : Source for Delta paint

Jim McCarty
04-03-2007, 5:52 PM
I recently acquired a Delta contractor's saw that was made in 1986. I want to paint the extension wings which are a little rusty and am looking for a source for the matching paint. I have several spray spray guns so it doesn't have to come in spray cans (Ok if it does though). Any help would be appreciated. Jim

John Hoelmer
04-03-2007, 6:06 PM
You can get Delta paint through their parts dept. ((800) 223-7278). It comes in a spray can and it's pricey, about $35/can but worth it IMO since I didn't have to bother trying to get someone to match it, etc.. I just ordered some about a month ago for an early 90's 14" Delta bandsaw that needed some new paint and the paint matched perfectly.

Jim McCarty
04-03-2007, 9:39 PM
35 bucks a can? woohoo! I'll take 10. I'm thinking I'll get it matched for that kind of price. Thanks for the information though. I may just have to digest this for a while before I pay $35 for a can of spray paint. :eek:

Jim O'Dell
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Try an auto paint supply store. They ususally have access to a data base that has most all the major companies formulas. They might be able to pull up something for Delta. If not, take a piece of the saw in (you are going to take it apart and get rid of the rust before you paint, right?) They should be able to computer match it and mix some enamal for you. If your guns won't spay automotive paints, get a Pre-val sprayer and use...just like spraying a rattle can. Jim