PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Ed Breen
04-03-2007, 4:46 PM
The phone rang and when I answered it a voice asked "is this the Okie from Muskogee?" Well yes and hello Nancy Laird who dropped in while on her way back home to fair New Mexico. We had a super visit starting with breakfast, a ride out to the south east of town and a shop tour. Nancy got to meet the whole family, Betsy, Pam, Mary and Aidan and also frank the pug @ 10 pounds and Billy the mastif @ 185 pounds. We looked at some of our "old iron,' and she took a nice hunk of hackberry crotch home with her.. All in all a great visit and its always nice to put a face on the writer.
Ed:) :)

Jim Becker
04-03-2007, 4:48 PM
Nancy must be a ghost 'cause there is a dearth of pictures proving her visits have happened...but it's nice to know she stopped by, Ed!! :)

Nancy Laird
04-03-2007, 8:02 PM
It really did happen, Jim. We had just enough time to take one picture before I had to hit the road, and it's still in my camera--I just have to get it done and loaded. If I remember correctly, though, I looked rather funny in the picture, as we were standing in the sun!

Loved Ed's shop - lots of old iron and quite a collection of old Stanley planes and Disston saws that he's in process of restoring. He also had a gorgeous piece on the lathe that I lusted after - a pretty spalted maple vase in progress. That chunk of hackberry now resides in the shop waiting inspiration--after LOML asked "What are you doing to do with that?" I had a good time, a good breakfast, and I'll probably be back, as my sis-in-law also lives in Muskogee --next time we visit her, I'll call Ed and spend some more time with him.

I'm really not a ghost, I promise!!

Nancy