PDA

View Full Version : A Creekers Visit!

Chris Jenkins
04-03-2007, 9:56 AM
Saturday brought about my first Creekers visit! Got a PM last week from Glen Surwillo. He saw my website and noticed I had a BS, of which he did not. Asked if he could do some resawing on it for some cabinet doors he is currently working on. I of coarse was excited and told him to stop on by.

The good thing about Glen coming over was it MADE me finally take the time to convert my saw over to 220 and clean it up and tune the bearings. As of late I have only been using it for rough work and precision wasn't needed.

Glen stopped on Sat morning and we talked shop and all the good stuff. Found out that not only does Glen live about 10 minutes away, he works about a block away from my work! Small world.

Beer was brought and laughs were had. I don't have any pictures as I was the only one home while Glen and I worked in the shop. I hope to get a picture next time. (I know pictures are the only form a proof here, sorry)

Glen jumped right in on the resawing and everything came out very nice. He did me the favor of filling up the shop with the aroma of sawn red oak and he got some nice book matched door pieces.

Hoping to do some more "Creekers Visits" in the future. Got to love this place!

Chris

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats Chris! Dekalb......hmmmmm!

Steve Kohn
04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
There are a lot of woodworkers west of Chicago that are on this forum. I live 5 miles west of St. Charles.

Jerry Olexa
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
What... no pictures??!!

Chris Jenkins
04-03-2007, 2:53 PM
I noticed Frank Snyder is a Cabinet Maker in St Charles? Mmmm? Feel a visit coming on?

Al Willits
04-03-2007, 3:20 PM
Nice to see Creekers helping each other out, and having a visit at the same time.
I've enjoyed the few visits I've had, and would welcome someone stopping over to chat/use a tool, or just help clean....:D

Al

Jim Becker
04-03-2007, 4:46 PM
Creeker visits are great, no matter which end of the stick you are on, pardon the expression... :D