PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Crown Stapler Info Sought

Alan Turner
04-03-2007, 6:38 AM
Well, after many years, our narrow crown stapler died yesterday, so need a new one. I would appreciate guidance on this subject. Coastal Tool has the PC and the Milwaukee for about $100, with ranges from 1/2" to 1-1/2" staples. Anyone have strong preferences?

Thanks.

Marion Rood
04-03-2007, 9:14 AM
I use the PC. But I haven't really looked at the Milwaukee to know how it is different.

Dan Clark
04-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I have the PC. I've been very happy with it. Depth control makes it very flexible.

Regards,

Dan.

Bruce Wrenn
04-03-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the Senco SKS ones. Impossible to kill. Used they can be had for $75- $100 range. Being oil-less is a big thing to me. In the last fifteen years, I have had to replace the magazine spring on one of mine. Less than ten bucks.

mark page
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Alan,

I personally have the rigid model and am pleased. It's oiless, shoots multiple sizes, never has jammed once after firing several thousand staples. Also have the PC model but the first one grabbed is the rigid. Tried the Bostich one once but was a jamming nightmare. Hope this helps. Mark

Mike Henderson
04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Depends on what you need out of the stapler. I needed a stapler that would drive fairly long staples into hardwood and tried several staplers. The Senco SKS-L was the most powerful but has a bunch of drawbacks - I think it's just an old design. A few of the negatives: No depth adjustment, no exhaust adjustment, no detection of "out of staples" which means you fire blanks until you notice that there's no staple being driven, the unit is big and heavy which makes it hard to manuver, the documation is miserable, and finally, the unit is very expensive.

On the positive side, it is oil less and it is powerful.

If I didn't need the power, I would have chosen something else.

Mike

Steve Clardy
04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Happy with my PC. It has driven lots of staples on cabinet backs

Heather Deans
04-04-2007, 7:55 AM
I build theatre scenery, and we use staple guns pretty heavily. My favorite narrow crown is the Senko SKS- I wanted the variety of depths and something that wouldn't self destruct after some abuse. Our other narrow crown staplers are Porter Cables- and they have actually held up really well too. I have two models, and the only real difference is how long a staple they will accept. I used to have Hitachis, but they were old and unreliable- but I didn't buy them new so I don't know how they were before they got old! When you're shopping around, I recommendgetting one with a trigger lock- I think that's what they call it- so you have to release the trigger and re-pull it before you can re-fire. If you do end up with a cranky gun it keeps it from double firing- plus it just is a little safer. Good luck!