PDA

View Full Version : The LOML & I celebrated

Bart Leetch
04-02-2007, 9:51 PM
24 wedding anniversary today by taking the day off of work & just getting away.

We went & looked at modular homes & had lunch & stopped at a Barnes & Noble Book store & a few other places & then & then & then supense.............................

I went to one of my favorite stores today about an hour from home.

Yep I walked right up to old Griz & shook his paw.

Then I went over & looked at the Baby 12" drum sander & the 18" open ended drum sander. Both look like they wouldn't be to bad for home shop use.

Then I got to thinking about what I could add to my arsenal of tools. I wandered around & drooled over this & that trying to decide what I might get away with of course waking up at 2:30 this morning & not going back to sleep didn't help one bit. But after wandering around & drooling a bit I ran across two little gems I couldn't leave with out & the Grizzly picked my pocket but he only got just about $49.

A Kreg bench clamp & a live center for turning pens.

I think I'll make a portable jig with adjustable top to clamp in my workmate at the same height as my bench to mount my Kreg clamp into along with a wonder pup system to clamp items for routing with a hand held router an idea I picked up out of a router magazine at the B&N book store. I just know if it is in the bench top I'll be using it & need the bench to use with the table-saw.

Gary Keedwell
04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I mortised one of those klamps to one of my benchs, Makes a big difference .

Gary K.:o

Ted Shrader
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Bart -

First congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

It sure is fun wandering around those toy . . .errr, tool stores just getting to touch the equipment. Adds a whole different perspective than the catalog or internet. Congratulations on your score. You got out of there cheap.

Regards,
Ted

Don Bullock
04-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Those modular homes sure look good. The LOML and I have looked at them too. Are you sure you only spent $49 at the toy errrrr tool store?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Congrats on the anniversary Bart! Nice tool too!

Ron Jones near Indy
04-03-2007, 3:53 PM
Congrats on the anniversary! It seems like 24 years is quite an accomplishment these days.

Nice job on the tools too.

Jim Becker
04-03-2007, 4:36 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Bart! And make sure that modular home has a garage/outbuilding so you have a place to "play"...when you're not chasing your bride, that is... :D