PDA

View Full Version : Pictures I hope

Steve Campbell
04-02-2007, 6:58 PM
I finally joined the 21st century and went out and got myself a digital camera. I figured I would try and see if I am now smart enough to post a picture or two. Thanks for looking.

Steve

Lou Morrissette
04-02-2007, 7:22 PM
You need a little work on the pictures but the trucks are fantastic. Beautiful job.

Lou

Don Bullock
04-02-2007, 7:25 PM
Those wooden toys are great!!!! I sure wish I had something like that when I was a kid. Of course back then I wouldn't have appreciated all the work that went into them.

Karl Laustrup
04-02-2007, 7:52 PM
Those are really great looking Steve. I would like to see some more pics of them using a plain background to show off your work better.

What part of NW Wisconsin?

Karl

Jason Tuinstra
04-02-2007, 8:05 PM
Nice job! Keep on truckn'! :p

John Timberlake
04-02-2007, 8:28 PM
Great reproductions/toys. Nice job on the pictures too.

Jack Ferrell
04-02-2007, 8:56 PM
Those are fantastic Steve. Looks like you put a lot of work into them. Keep it up.

David Wilson
04-02-2007, 9:05 PM
Outstanding! What else can I say?

Steve Campbell
04-03-2007, 8:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Lou, I hope to learn more about my new camera and maybe my quality will improve.
Karl, I live in the the great village of Milltown. It's about half way between
wolf Creek and Fox Creek. It just seems natural that I should like the Sawmill Creek. As far as a plain background, I live alone here in a very cluttered house. That may be about as plain a background as it gets. I did look in the linen closet to see if I could find a nice plain sheet to use for a background but all I could find were sheets with boats or deer or just as bad. I will try to find some other background. Maybe I'm better off if you can''t get a better look.
Jack, I don't really know how many hours I have in anything I make. I work at it for a while, then get bored and work on something else for a while. If I'm not in the right mood I learned that it just doesn't pay to work on it.
I work construction all summer so I don't get much shop time then. I started making this stuff in the winters as a way to spend time in the shop without spending a lot of money in the shop.
Here's a couple more if you can take them.

Steve

Jeffrey Makiel
04-03-2007, 9:25 AM
Steve...nice job! They turned out really well.

Woodworking and modeling. What a neat hobby...Jeff :)

Grant Wilkinson
04-03-2007, 9:31 AM
Steve

Do you start with a kit of any kind, or just plans from which you make each part?

Your work is incredible!!

Cody Colston
04-03-2007, 9:40 AM
Those models are incredible! The detail is simply fantastic. I especially like the motorgrader and the dozer.

Thanks for showing.

Zahid Naqvi
04-03-2007, 9:58 AM
Steve, what wonderful models. I am always in awe of people who can make such small models with incredible details.

Eric Wong
04-03-2007, 1:19 PM
Wow, those are awesome!

Steve Campbell
04-04-2007, 9:12 AM
Grant I do not use "KITS" on any of my stuff, But I do buy wheels for some of the trucks and cars That I make. Used to try to make the wheels too but just takes to much time. I do make the wheels on anything that doesn't have standard wheels. I also buy the headlights if they will fit.
I do however use plans that you can buy. I am not a designer. I have a hard time drawing STICK MEN. Oh well thanks for asking.
Steve

Rich Torino
04-04-2007, 9:41 AM
Great looking vehicles. You have mastered the art....
Now don't tell me you let some "kid" play with those?????

Bob Noles
04-04-2007, 6:19 PM
Steve,

I am simply awed by your work. Those are spectaculer to say the least and some of the most extensive detail I have ever run across in woodworking.

Wonderful job! You certainly have a talent 2nd to none.

Paul Douglass
04-04-2007, 8:36 PM
Awesome Steve! Where do you get your plans from? I had a catalog of them once but can't remember where I got it from! I have sometimers pretty bad!:o I have a book on building locks out of wood. I made a paddlock but never got to the rest. They are fun also. People get excited about the padlock when I show them it actually works. If they only knew how simple it is....

Steve Campbell
04-05-2007, 8:08 AM
Rich thanks for the kind words. No I don't let the little kids play with most of what I make. It is not because I worry about them breaking them but they do have a lot of sharp parts that can break off and get in the mouth. When I did have kids at home I made some that were a lot more KID FREINDLY.
Paul I seem to get most of the plans from www.toysandjoys.com (http://www.toysandjoys.com) They have a good choice. Also I have used some plans from www.gattoplans.com (http://www.gattoplans.com) He has some great stuff. I have not tried locks yet but I'll bet that would be fun.

Steve

Charles Jackson III
04-07-2007, 9:02 PM
Nice work.