PDA

View Full Version : rolling tool cabinet: grizzly vs kobalt

Michael Marcinelli
04-02-2007, 5:46 PM
hey all,
i'm trying to decide between two rolling tool cabinets: grizzly H7730/77331 combination vs. kobalt stainless steel top/bottom combo. i went to lowes and saw the kobalt but i don't have any way of comparing the sturdiness, fit/finish with the grizzly. anyone know these?

thx.
michael

Matt Hyman
04-02-2007, 9:11 PM
Michael,

Don't know if you are near a Costco, but I ended up going with the 41" stainless steel combo unit they are offering. Currently selling for $699.

Matt

Jeff Kerr
04-02-2007, 9:58 PM
It isn't stainless but....

My buddy did a lot of looking before he bought a tool crib. He was looking at some big name boxes. I event spent a day shopping with him.

He finally decided to go with the large setup from Harbor Freight. He couldn't find anything with that build quality, ( gauge of metal and full extension slides) at the same price. He really had to invest a lot more to get the same. So he decided he would go with the HF. That was a year ago and he is still happy. It isn't a showpiece, (no offense HF).

But if you want a large capcity for good money, go check one out at the store.

Mike Heidrick
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Michael,

Don't know if you are near a Costco, but I ended up going with the 41" stainless steel combo unit they are offering. Currently selling for $699.

Matt

I own a similar model from Sams Club. Mine is the model before the current diamond plate version. I love mine.

Roddy Thibault
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
dimar....nothing else

Mike Heidrick
04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
dimar....nothing else

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=536345#post536345

Boyd Gathwright
04-03-2007, 12:43 AM
.... Before you go and spend a lot of money, you might want to consider something like this. It has work out GREAT for me. And the price was just right :D.

Ref: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41810

.... I too have the BIG BOX store's tool chests (COSTCO) but the above rack has proven out to be just as valueble and very versatile.
.... For the price you will pay you might want to consider building your own with metal slides etc. It certainly will be a lot bigger. though you will NEVER have enough tool storage room. It's something like building your own shop. It always looks like it will be enough but when it's finished it's TOO SMALL.

Good luck on your choices

:)

hey all,
i'm trying to decide between two rolling tool cabinets: grizzly H7730/77331 combination vs. kobalt stainless steel top/bottom combo. i went to lowes and saw the kobalt but i don't have any way of comparing the sturdiness, fit/finish with the grizzly. anyone know these?

thx.
michael