PDA

View Full Version : rolling tool cabinet and storage

Michael Marcinelli
04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
ok, here's a boring but necessary request. i'm a newbie rigging up my first shop and i'm looking for good recommendations for a rolling tool cabinet. are craftsman good? i saw a Kobalt aluminum cabinet at Lowes which was pretty nice but pricey.

i'm planning on building my stationary wall cabinets but any advice anyone wants to pass along on that strategy will be appreciated.

TIA,
michael

Anthony Anderson
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
If you want a metal tool cart/rolling cabinet, there is a nice one at Sam's Club. The size is practical, if I remember correctly about 25"D x 54" or 60"L (can't recall) x 35"H. It is stainless with a 1.75" thick maple top. It has three or four drawers on the left side and a cabinet door on the right side. Around $250. Hope this Helps, Bill

Jack Norfleet
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I definitely recommend ball bearing slides regardless of the brand you choose. It will increase the price significantly, but the drawers don't stick as easily when loaded with heavy tools.

Jack Hogoboom
04-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I got a great rolling tool cabinet from Sears. You just have to make sure you know which one you're buying as they have many choices. I got a heavy duty, ball bearing drawer cart with a tool chest on top and it works great. No reason to have anything more IMHO.

If you can wait, they frequently go on sale...

Good luck.

Jack

David Epperson
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
If you can find an outlet for Waterloo brand take a look at them. After all they are the ones that make the Craftsman brand for Sears and many of the box forms are Waterloo patents anyway.

Michael Marcinelli
04-02-2007, 3:05 PM
david,
i can get good prices on waterloo on amazon but i'd hate to buy one i haven't seen. do you know if they are the same quality as the stainless steel craftsman or the stainless kobalt? those are nice. very sturdy.

David Epperson
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
david,
i can get good prices on waterloo on amazon but i'd hate to buy one i haven't seen. do you know if they are the same quality as the stainless steel craftsman or the stainless kobalt? those are nice. very sturdy.
Should be, since Waterloo builds Craftsmans boxes for them. And customer service should be better since you wouldn't have the middleman (Sears) involved.