PDA

View Full Version : Just thought this was neat

Cory Davis
04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
I was looking around on craigslist for a planer, and came across this ad. Just a "feelgood thing", and a reminder of what kind of community woodworking can offer.

This is a copy / paste of it because I'm not 100% on the link rules.

I originally posted my ad about a week ago. Let me tell everyone, woodworkers are about the friendliest, most generous people I have run into. I received many offers from hobbists to professionals providing free advice and use of shop tools. My hat is off to this silent community of truly great people. I have now made arrangements to complete my project.
Thanks to every one who replied!

This is what a community list like Craigslist is all about!

Original posting: I have three mesquite boards that I am trying to turn into a small table. I need to run them through a thickness planer and a jointer to bring them to uniform thickness and to make them square prior to gluing up the top, but I cannot justify the expense of the tools for this one project. If you are within an hour or so of Ft. Worth, please email me. I am very near the Will Rogers Memorial Center on the west side of Ft. Worth. I will gladly pay you $25 for the trouble. David

Joe Chritz
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I would have to agree completely.

I wouldn't accept any money for the services, but a 6 pack of guiness isn't out of the question.:D

Joe

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-02-2007, 8:14 PM
Stroll on over to the Political forums there.