PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Customer Service

Jack Ganssle
04-02-2007, 9:48 AM
In a couple of weeks I may be driving to Toronto. Google maps puts the route right through Muncy, PA, a perfect opportunity to pick up the bandsaw I've been admiring. So Saturday I sent Grizzly an email asking them if the thing would fit into my Prius, figuring that, like most vendors, it might take a few days or a week for a response. Two hours later - and this is a Saturday - Philip from customer service answered with complete dimensions and weights of the two boxes.

Kudos to Griz!

Jack

Jack Hogoboom
04-02-2007, 2:48 PM
I'm sitting here wondering how the heck you will ever get your bandsaw into your Prius. Please take pictures when you pick it up. This I gotta see.

Jack

Jim Becker
04-02-2007, 3:39 PM
Jack, the current version of the Prius is quite large inside...and I'm suspecting that the OP is buying a 14" saw. I can see it fitting in there quite nicely. Now, it likely wouldn't fit in our 2002 Prius. Then again, that's what the Highlander Hybrid is for...hauling bigger things. :)

Jeff Towle
04-02-2007, 3:57 PM
I'm sitting here wondering how the heck you will ever get your bandsaw into your Prius. Please take pictures when you pick it up. This I gotta see.

JackYou'd be surprised what fits in the trunks of some of the little offshore cars. I saw a guy loading a Jet 8" jointer in a tiny nissan or toyota at the WW show in Houston this weekend. Most have fold down back seats so you end up with about 6' depth. :D

Doug Shepard
04-02-2007, 5:33 PM
I picked up both a Jet 14" BS and my PM54 6" Jointer in a Honda Civic Wagon. I would think a Prius could have picked up both together.

Frank Martin
04-02-2007, 6:48 PM
I had an Accord coupe when I purchased my 6" jointer with base cabinet, Delta lunchbox planer, and some other accessories. It all fit and the trunk lid was closed. Folding back seats have been the key.

In all these years, I have carried all my lumber and plywood in the same car. I have made some large projects, such as 72"Lx42"Hx24"D side cabinet and similar sized dresser among other things...

Jack Ganssle
04-02-2007, 8:48 PM
The recent Prius (Priuses? Prii?), ours is a 2005, have quite a lot of room. I've carried a jointer, a planer, and more in it. Long lumber sticks out the back quite a ways, though. With the hatchback up a bit due to the wood sticking out the back, our gas mileage crumbles from the usual 52MPG to the high 40s, though.

But our second car is smaller, and has 170k miles on it. Mostly the kids drive it. Each kid has left his mark on the poor thing. I keep hoping it'll die, to be replaced by a small pick-up. One night I might sneak out there and put some iron filings in the oil...

Jack