PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Paul Zerjay
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,
Been looking for a new forum for awhile and looks like I found one thats pretty good. I see some familiar names from other forums, and that alone tells me this is a good place to be. I've been reading the recent posts, as well as some of the older ones, and I can tell there are alot of knowlegeble folks here. Hopefully I can share some of what I have learned, as well as receive some new tips from the members here. See ya around. Paul

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Creek Paul. There are lots of good people and lots of knowledge here.

Steve Schlumpf
04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Paul - Welcome to the Creek! Looking forward to your posts and remember to use lots of pictures!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the Creek Paul! Wade right in the water's fine!

Jonathon Spafford
04-02-2007, 2:31 AM
Welcome to the creek! Lots of nice fish swimming around here! ;) Glad you made it over! Enjoy yourself and post lots of pix - those are the main rules!

George Van
04-02-2007, 7:17 AM
Welcome, I thought this was a good choice also.

Doug M Jones
04-02-2007, 8:06 AM
Welcome Paul,
I too have found this a great site to gather information and advice. One word of warning... there are some great craftsmen on this site that make everything look so easy. So you buy a little lathe to play around and that sushing sound you hear is your money being sucked into the vortex for turning tools, chucks, blanks, the list goes on. Worst part -- you hardly have the first coat of dust on the Jet Mini and you start thinking of Mustard or Mayo or even Black beauty. I didn't know that making curlies was akin to crack cocaine in it's addictive properties.

I think I need a 12 step program before it gets worse.

TYLER WOOD
04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately the twelve step programs are not designed to counteract such a addiction. You have to be willing to admit that you have a problem, and that you want to change the problem. I know I have something, don't know if it's a problem though. And heck if I'm willing to chage. Im in the vortex and quite happy to be there. No 12 steps for me unless they are this...

1. free chinese lathe and chisels
2. horrible freight chisels
4. free wood from tree cutters
5. homemade face plates for said chineese lathe
6. palmgren lathe
7. crown/sorby ect tools
8. chucks, faceplates et al for new lathe
9. vacuum chuck for new lathe
10. pm, oneway, nova old american steel lathe
11. new tools for said lathe
12. wife kills me for buying wsaid lathe and tools

See, from start of addiction to death in 12 easy steps!! Who new the life of turning was so easy

Dennis Peacock
04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Welcome to SMC Paul. Post some pics of your work, share what you will and learn all you can. After all, that's what SMC is all about....sharing and learning about woodworking with some great people. :cool:

Mark Pruitt
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Welcome Paul!

Don Orr
04-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome Paul, glad to have here. Let us know what we can do to help.