PDA

View Full Version : I went yellow - this is a gloat

Dave Malen
04-01-2007, 6:39 PM
I got the DW735. You may remember I started a thread about picking a DW735 or a Delta 22-580. Well the deals were so good on the DW I just couldn't resist. HD gave me 15%off and then an extra 10% for buying it there instead of lowes. It was 444 including tax. Also there is a 60 mail in DW rebate. I planed a piece of poplar just to try it out and I was impressed - glass smooth :) and this was on the dimensioning speed. No snipe at all:) I ordered the extension tables from amazon for use with long boards. It seems to be thoughfuly designed. Nice big handle for raising and lowering the cutter head. Nice easy to see depth of cut scale. And repeatable depth setting is easy too. But you DW owners knew that already. Just hope those knives hold up.

Thanks to Mike,Scott,Steve, Dave F, Dave W, Jesse,Jim, Curt, and Mandell for your input.

Let the Chips Fly
Dave

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-01-2007, 6:57 PM
You're gonna Love it Dave! We have one at the shop that I've used. Simple wonderful!

Bruce

Mandell Mann
04-01-2007, 8:19 PM
I went yellow myself last thursday. Haven't opened it yet.:o

Don Bullock
04-01-2007, 9:08 PM
Congratulations. If I had the $ right now, I'd be doing the same thing. From what I've read, that is a great lunchbox planer.

Gary Keedwell
04-01-2007, 9:17 PM
I got the DW735. You may remember I started a thread about picking a DW735 or a Delta 22-580. Well the deals were so good on the DW I just couldn't resist. HD gave me 15%off and then an extra 10% for buying it there instead of lowes. It was 444 including tax. Also there is a 60 mail in DW rebate. I planed a piece of poplar just to try it out and I was impressed - glass smooth :) and this was on the dimensioning speed. No snipe at all:) I ordered the extension tables from amazon for use with long boards. It seems to be thoughfuly designed. Nice big handle for raising and lowering the cutter head. Nice easy to see depth of cut scale. And repeatable depth setting is easy too. But you DW owners knew that already. Just hope those knives hold up.

Thanks to Mike,Scott,Steve, Dave F, Dave W, Jesse,Jim, Curt, and Mandell for your input.

Let the Chips Fly
Good for you Dave....I have the 733 and when it is finally time to kiss it goodbye, the 735 is on my short list. I heard that de Walt was going to finally do something about the blades. I hope so.
I think you will be very happy.
Gary K.

Jim Becker
04-01-2007, 9:22 PM
Congratulations, Dave. That's a fine machine. 'Can't wait to see what you make with it... ;)

(Heavy bugger, too...and don't forget your hearing protection! It's a screamer)

Pete Brown
04-01-2007, 9:27 PM

I agree!

The whole neighborhood can tell when I'm planing wood; and I live in the woods :)

I also agree on the weight. Because of my small shop, I used to heft it up on top of my tablesaw (on a square bit of ply) to use it. Boy did that get old! I finally built a mobile base for it and just wheel it around.

I have a set of Infinity replacement knives sitting right in front of me. I haven't tried them out yet to see if they do better than the stock knives.

Pete

Corey Hallagan
04-01-2007, 9:35 PM
Great gloat! Man I would love to have that baby in my shop!

Corey

Dave Malen
04-01-2007, 9:57 PM
Congratulations, Dave. That's a fine machine. 'Can't wait to see what you make with it... ;)

In the background you can see a 2 piece cabinet I'm building for my son and daughter in law. It should be ready soon and I'll be posting. It was supposed to be a wedding gift - I hope to have it ready for their first anniversary (6/17). Good thing they're patient. :)
Dave

David Weaver
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Congrats on the machine. I'm sure you'll love it, and it sounds like you got a great deal on it.