PDA

View Full Version : Att'n SE WI/N. IL -->> I've found Wood Nivana

joseph j shields
04-01-2007, 5:13 PM
Well, it's not quite Nivana, but I did find a great source for wood :):):)

I just bought about 50 b/f of great tiger/curly maple for $4.90 bd/ft!! (He has about 800 b/f of this stuff.. and the problem was every piece was better then the next... it was truly a nice experience.... after usually being disappointed at the other local wood stores)

He just pulled out of the kiln some beautiful walnut (some pieces were 16" wide:eek:) and some great quarter saw oak!(he doesn't stream his walnut, so the colors are beautiful! & the QS oak was full of flecks)

He has a very interesting business model. He runs a tree/landscaping service and brings the trees he cuts down to his little mill /kiln.

His prices are good... Figured maple $4.90 b/f , walnut $2.90 b/f; Red Oak Q sawn $4.70 b/f. BUT his selection is great.... for now! (NOTE- He has great figured maple, oak, Q/S oak, elm & walnut.... Cherry not very good)

(I thought long and hard on whether to divulge my secret source to you creekers :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....)

The company is called Green Man Wood Services and he located 2 blocks from the Milwaukee airport (so it not too far for you in N. IL)

Phone: 877-322-wood (ask for Dan)

-jj

Dan Drager
04-01-2007, 6:33 PM
I'm in Milwaukee twice a week for Business. Looks like I'll have MORE Business to take care of this Tuesday!

joseph j shields
04-01-2007, 7:01 PM
I'm in Milwaukee twice a week for Business. Looks like I'll have MORE Business to take care of this Tuesday!

Dan,

Just give Dan a call & he'll meet you @ his shop.

Real nice guy.

-jj

John Piwaron
04-01-2007, 9:45 PM
Cool! Thanks! This guy is walking distance from my house. I'm going over ASAP.

joseph j shields
04-01-2007, 9:56 PM
Cool! Thanks! This guy is walking distance from my house. I'm going over ASAP.

Let me know how it goes!

ps the phone is correct... its a toll free number

address is 241 w. edgerton

-jj

Irvin Cooper
04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you mean "nirvana"? :>

joseph j shields
04-02-2007, 1:41 PM
Do you mean "nirvana"? :>

Yes.... NIRVANA

That darn spell checker :):):):)