PDA

View Full Version : 100,000 Dollar Pens

Boyd Gathwright
04-01-2007, 2:27 PM
100,000 DOLLAR PENS

.... On early Sunday morning television ( BUSINESS WEEK ) a store in Manhattan NY , if I understood the name correctly “JUNE's”, they sell pens regularly from just a few dollars to ten thousand dollars. You can special order diamond studded pens for upwards of $100,000.00. They said they don't put ink in these fountain pens because it lowers their value. Like baseball cards, pens have also become a collector's item.

:)

Brett Baldwin
04-01-2007, 6:16 PM
Hey I'll throw a few carats on my pens if I can get that kind of money. Free refills for life too.:D

Dennis Peacock
04-01-2007, 6:41 PM
Well, they sure didn't get any of my pens. I just couldn't find it in my heart to let one of my pens go for anything less than $200K. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :D

Jonathon Spafford
04-02-2007, 2:47 AM
That is insane... I can't imagine buying that even if I did have 100 k to burn! I would go for a porsche 911... They can keep their pens ;)

Per Swenson
04-03-2007, 6:26 AM
Perspective

When you have a couple of thousand million in the bank,

A hundred thousand dollar pen is like springing for a sandwich.

Per

Art Mulder
04-03-2007, 9:50 AM
Perspective

When you have a couple of thousand million in the bank,

A hundred thousand dollar pen is like springing for a sandwich.

Maybe not a sandwich....

Status.

Bragging rights.

Ego.

Impact.

Last week I was at a woodworker's get together and a fellow told the story of being in a meeting and his boss needed a pen, so he handed him a turned wooden pen that he had made. The boss then complained that it was too heavy for comfort. His response was: You aren't supposed to write with a pen like this, it is for signing.

(Signing documents, checks, treaties, contracts...)
So if you're joe playboy, and you just dropped a million bucks on a diamond rock for your intended. How about a seriously nice pen for signing the marriage license --- and the Pre-Nup. :cool:)