PDA

View Full Version : New Member Turnings

Marc Martindale
04-01-2007, 1:32 PM
As I said In my first post, a lot of what I know about turning comes right from this forum. As a matter of fact most of my inspiration derives from the pictures posted here too!

Here are a couple of the boxes I have turned. One is Black Walnut, the other a Cherry burl.

61554 61555

Thanks for looking,
Marc

Scott Donley
04-01-2007, 1:37 PM
Very nice boxes Marc :D I can see you are well on your way down the vortex :cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-01-2007, 1:41 PM
I agree......................very nice. I, too, can tell that you're hooked and floating gently into the vortex!

Bruce

Steve Schlumpf
04-01-2007, 4:00 PM
Marc, both of your boxes look really good. Was wondering if you could let us know approx sizes and what you used for finishes. Overall, nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 4:05 PM
Marc those are a couple of beauties. Very nice first boxes. Looks like you have taken the fall into the black hole of turning.

Marc Martindale
04-01-2007, 5:30 PM
Thanks guys,

The size of the boxes are both about 2 1/2" diameter. The black walnut is about 4" high and the cherry is about 2 1/2" high.

I got a really sweet, slight suction fit on the cherry and just a hair looser on the walnut. Both were very fun to make.

I recently got the Beall buffing system, that is what is on them. I know I need to work on finer sanding, I'm usually too excited to get them finished.

Photography is NOT my hobby and I think they look better in person.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2007, 6:07 PM
Marc........you've been holding out on us! :rolleyes: Very nice boxes!:)