PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

George Van
04-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi all!
I registered last November and have occasionally stopped by to view a discussion. I find myself looking more now and felt I should say this is a good forum with a lot of good information available to turners. I turn bowls occasionally when not working on building my last house in Mercer, WI. I hope at times I may be able to add information from my experiences that may benefit someone else. I will watch for that opportunity. Thanks for contributing so that I may continue to learn and enjoy this hobby.

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome to SMC George. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge here. This is a great place to learn.

Steve Schlumpf
04-01-2007, 10:27 AM
George - Welcome to the Creek!! Looking forward to your posts and remember - lots of pictures!

Neal Addy
04-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Welcome, George. Good luck with the house project. Looking forward to seeing you post more when you get the chance.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
George...Welcome to the Creek and the turner's forum. We are a pretty civil bunch until somebody rebirth's the Mayo-Mustard war!:D

Chip Sutherland
04-01-2007, 2:44 PM
Might as well start budgeting for this hobby. Especially if discussing the budget involves SWMBO. Let's see a couple of chucks, extra jaws, new tools, occasional cool piece of exotic wood....comes to about $50/month for starters. Steady rest, captive HF turning rig w/laser, chainsaw are special request gifts for Christmas, Birthday, Father's Day, Anniversay...... :D :D

Phil Powell
04-01-2007, 3:56 PM
What George isn't telling everyone is that he's an extremely good turner
with a warehouse of roughed bowls. I know George and really appreciate
his skills at the lathe and his willingness to share knowledge. Good to
see ya George!

Paul Engle
04-01-2007, 6:24 PM
A Ha , Phil gave you up George, no excuses for no pics....:D Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your posts and pics.

Brett Baldwin
04-01-2007, 6:29 PM
Welcome George. We look forward to your contributions here.

Dennis Peacock
04-01-2007, 6:44 PM
Welcome to SMC George!!! Glad you finally took the plunge and waded on in here. :)

George Van
04-02-2007, 7:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Phil, I appreciate your support, my enthusiasm is greater than my skills!

Mark Pruitt
04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome George!