PDA

View Full Version : Ordered My Laser

Damon Shaw
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
I have been reading this board for quite some time now and want to thank everyone for the valuable information that is shared here.

I looked at many different systems, but last week I saw a demo of a Xenetech XLT 1325 40 Watt. I was pretty impressed. The following day I ordered the bigger Xenetech XLT 2436 60 Watt. I really struggled between the 40w and 60w, but the sales rep came down a little and I have read alot that you should go as big as you can. Ended up spending a little more than I had anticipated (this seems to happen to me alot), but at least I shouldn't have regrets down the road.

The main reason I went with Xenetech is because the sales rep/tech rep are only about 30 minutes from me in North Idaho. The owner of the machine I saw demoed said the support and training from the rep have been outstanding. As this is a totally new arena for me, I thought having local support may be invaluable. Also, the rep is a certified Corel instructor, and while I am quite computer savy, I have not delved in the graphics area too much.

Anyhow, just wanted to get my first post in here and say thanks - I am looking forward to playing/learning with my laser, it should be here and installed in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Damon

Mitchell Andrus
03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome. Let us know when it arives and if we can be of assistance. No stupid questions here, we've all been stumped.

Keith Outten
04-01-2007, 2:14 AM
Damon,

Congratulations on your new laser Engraver and welcome to The Creek.

I have an Epilog Legend in my shop and I run a Xenetech 1325-60 for Christopher Newport University. Given the 150 IPS speed you will be glad you purchased the 60 watt tube, without the extra power you would have to slow jobs down and not be able to take advantage of the speed.

Frank Corker
04-01-2007, 7:29 AM
Welcome to the Creek Damon - congratulations on your new laser, it will bring you a lot of satisfaction and the occasional bit of frustration - good for the soul :o

Mike Null
04-01-2007, 7:33 AM
Welcome to the forum Damon.

Tony Lenkic
04-01-2007, 3:00 PM
Damon, welcome to the forum and congratulations on new laser.
Xenetech has great reputation with customer service. Keep us posted when you run first jobs.

Keith,
I remember pic. of Xenetech 1325-60 in you garage along with Shopbot.
How does it compare ( if at all) with Epilog you have been running for some time. I belive they all have strenghts an weaknesses, just your opinion from experience.
Thanks

Tony