PDA

View Full Version : Second Tool Gloat

Bernie Weishapl
03-31-2007, 9:35 PM
Well picked up the saw yesterday when I got home from Kansas City and am happy I got it. Got up and went to Denver today. This followed me home. Don't know how but it did. Honest.:D;):cool: A Nova DVR XP, with outboard turning jig and the stand. I wasn't going to buy the stand or the outboard turning rig but the LOML said you had better get it because you will be sorry if you don't. Of course there was a few other things such as 3" bowl Beall buffs, a faceplate for the Nova and a bag full of ebony. Now that stuff is expensive. Anyway here it is. Now I have to get the shop arranged so I can put it in it's spot.

Doug M Jones
03-31-2007, 9:46 PM
Nice Haul!!!!
I look forward to seeing the first project from your new ride.

Jerry Clark
03-31-2007, 9:49 PM
Great Bernie, I am wiping up my keyboard :cool: . I would love to have one of those--! Nice lathe!:D

Chip Sutherland
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Using the heck out of that new chainsaw just to feed that new wonderful beast of a top-notch lathe. Score 2 for you...second thought that lathe is a 2 pointer for sure.....so Score 3 for you.

Have a bunch of fun.

Jim Becker
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Bernie!! That's twice in two days!! (Congratulations!)

Pete Jordan
03-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow Bernie!

I didn't even know you were in the market for a lathe. This has been quite a season for you!
Enjoy all your new toys!

Corey Hallagan
03-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Very nice Bernie, congrats on all accounts. That would be a great lathe for you. Now get to work!

Corey

Mike Vickery
03-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Nice looking machine, gongrats!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Christmas came awfully early there in Kansas this year Bernie! I thought it was supposed to happen in December?

Congrats my friend!

Joe Melton
04-01-2007, 1:11 AM
Bernie, I think you're a candidate for a twelve-step program.
Joe

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-01-2007, 1:21 AM
Looks like some "One upmanship" goin' on. The only twelve step you need is Larger and larger bowls!!!!!

WTG!

Bruce

Bill Wyko
04-01-2007, 2:15 AM
I say a new lathe for everyone! Seems like X-Mas in march was great for quite a few of us. Congradulations on the awsome lathe.

Ed Scolforo
04-01-2007, 6:09 AM
Congratulations x 2, Bernie! You're gonna love the DVR. Just make sure you raise up the bottom enough with corner blocks so that you can get the shavings out from underneath.
Ed

Bob Noles
04-01-2007, 6:45 AM
Bernie,

Your grandson called last night and begged me to request that you stop spending his inheritance :eek:

Oh man.... that is one sweeeeeet machine and we can hardly wait to see what comes off of it.

Go get em buddy :D

Mike Turkley
04-01-2007, 7:19 AM
Congratulations on your new lathe Bernie! I'm sure you'll love the DVR.

Uh... get a SuperNova chuck to put on it, that plastic cover on the spindle threads isn't going to hold very well.:D

MikeT

Christopher K. Hartley
04-01-2007, 7:53 AM
Wow Bernie, the Stihl and now the DVR XP, you're going to be a turn'in Monster.:eek: Beautiful lathe, I know you'll be turning out some great stuff. A Big Congrats your way!!:)

Randy Privett
04-01-2007, 8:21 AM
Way to go Bernie! I know you'll LOVE IT.

Randy

Rex Guinn
04-01-2007, 9:14 AM
Bernie;
Let us know how the DVR compaires to the Craftsman in the background. I wanted the DVR but settled for the Palmgren.

Bill Blasic
04-01-2007, 9:21 AM
Bernie,
You'll love this lathe, my only suggestion would be to use 220 as your power source. I have been extremely happy with my DVR.

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 9:45 AM
Thanks everyone. Actually I bought the saw because it took forever with the C-man 18" to saw up a piece of Elm about 30" in diameter and 3' long. I am hoping this Stihl will remedy this problem. The lathe is a birthday present for my 60th birthday from my wife and my son. That is why she said go ahead and get the outboard turning rig plus the stand.

Bill B. I definately will be looking into 220v for it. I will have to run a outlet for it.

Al Wasser
04-01-2007, 9:49 AM
I think you better stay home, traveling is too expensive for you. If you keep traveling you will need a much bigger shop, but won't have time to use it cuz you are traveling :p

Steve Schlumpf
04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
WOW Bernie - congrats on your new lathe! Looking forward to seeing what you turn with it!

George Tokarev
04-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Jealous. It'd be nice to have one, but I'm real pleased with the poor (3000) relation. Might want to check out the Nova Owners' group for information on a remote switch. I don't trust myself to reach through spinny things to turn off the switch. Still have the scar inside my left arm from the incident that made me remote the Delta years ago.

The stand allows for chip fall, doesn't it? If not, reinforce under the rails and do some sheet metal work to allow it to. Sheet aluminum chute to dump forward into a bag would be nice, too.

Kevin McPeek
04-01-2007, 1:53 PM
Congrats! Its a great machine to own.
Seems like just yesterday mine was that pretty ;)

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 4:13 PM
I think you better stay home, traveling is too expensive for you. If you keep traveling you will need a much bigger shop, but won't have time to use it cuz you are traveling :p

Yep the LOML said no more traveling which means no more woodcraft.:mad::rolleyes::cool:

Jason Anders
04-01-2007, 5:53 PM
sweet gloat!!! I almost beat you too it but SWMBO said no. We were at the Denver Woodcraft about a week-and-half ago on our way through during vacation. They tried to send the DVR home with me on a great deal and I almost had wife convinced but she ultimately said no as I had just bought the Palmgren in January and have hardly had time to use it.

Dario Octaviano
04-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Bernie,

Congrats!!! I just didn't visit for a couple of days and you had 2 major GLOATS!!!

Both are great choices :cool:

Only thing is...I failed to recruit you to the mustard club. ;)

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Bernie,

Congrats!!! I just didn't visit for a couple of days and you had 2 major GLOATS!!!

Both are great choices :cool:

Only thing is...I failed to recruit you to the mustard club. ;)

I almost got the Jet 1642 but just was to big for the space I had. I got to use a DVR in KC this past week so opted for it.

That will teach you to take a nap. :eek:;):rolleyes::cool: Wasn't paying attention.

Frank Kobilsek
04-02-2007, 2:55 PM
Bernie
Are you gloating about the Nova or the generousity of your wife?

Congrats on both.

Frank

Barry Stratton
04-02-2007, 3:11 PM
Holy smokes Bernie!!!!! You get a new lathe, like what?, every 4 months?????:eek: :eek: :eek: Isn't this the 4th lathe purchase in the last year or so?

CONGRATS!!!!

Bernie Weishapl
04-02-2007, 4:30 PM
Yep Barry I did. Hindsight is 20/20. If I knew then, etc. etc. etc. Oh well. :rolleyes::cool:

John Chandler
04-02-2007, 9:35 PM
Congratulations on your new lathe. Enjoy it and keep the pictures coming.