PDA

View Full Version : Wood Working show in Houston

Carroll Courtney
03-31-2007, 8:26 PM
Anybody make it to the show in Houston,how was it?

Jerry White
03-31-2007, 9:04 PM
Carroll,

I just got home from the show. My estimate is that the crowd was down somewhat from the usual, probably due to the rainy conditions. I think that the show does seem to be shrinking every year in numbers of vendors and attendance, though. Having said that, it was an enjoyable show.

Woodcraft was well represented, with displays and factory reps from Fein, Jet, Powermatic, and Festool. Yes, the Domino was being demonstrated and they had stock to sell! Circle Saw was there with good displays of Delta, DeWalt, Porter Cable, and Bosch equipment. The Cutting Edge had a good presence, with a lot of Steel City equipment and factory reps. Rockler was there. Lie Nielsen had their usual good displays and demonstrations by Deneb Pichalski. MiniMax had a display, but somewhat more abreviated than past shows. Sommerfield's Tools had a big presence and nice presentations. There were other lectures sponsored by Wood Magazine (I think), and Delta and Porter Cable. The areas for the lectures appeared to be well setup, better than in other recent years. Other booths from Klockit, Peachtree, Woodline, The Center for Essential Education (had good demonstrations). Hope I got all this correct before my CRS disease confused the detail.

I didn't buy anything big, but managed to spend a bit for odds and ends for the shop. I thought it was well worth attending, but of course I might think that if only three vendors showed up......:D

Jerry