PDA

View Full Version : Engraved TV trays..completed newbie project

Larry Bratton
03-31-2007, 6:42 PM
Thought y'all might like to see this and maybe make some of your own. I thought they turned out pretty good.

I made a set of 4 of these. I bought the trays at Sears for $39.95. These are a gift to this bluegrass band that are our friends. They travel on a tour bus, so these are very useful to have on it. Each individual has his own tray with the musical instrument that he/she plays in the center and their name at the bottom.

Due to trying to save on bandwidth, this 72dpi picture doesn't do the engraving justice. The train has so much detail in it at 600dpi it is phenominal. It was a just a clipart file I downloaded from clipart.com. I do believe it was in wmf format though. It even has a telegraph pole at the end of the train that is just miniscule but visable.

Oh, and by the way, we were able to put the trays in the Epilog EXT's 36" table without having to take the trays apart and put them back together again. So, it does help to have a bigger table sometimes. (but that's another thread) :/

Steve McKee
03-31-2007, 7:29 PM
That's really nice work Larry. I'm sure your friends will appreciate them very much.

Karin Voorhis
04-02-2007, 6:17 AM
Very nice job what a great idea!!!!! I think I have some trays just like that wow a new item to toss in the laser now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Bratton
04-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys and girls!
Hahaha..nothing is safe from being a potential laser "victim". My wife has warned me to stay away from her dishes!

Anyone that has a RV is always looking for things to use that fit in small spaces and is portable. Since they have a bus conversion, I know these will be used. (I am also giving them a hint to maybe purchase some promotional things from us for their music festivals);)