PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the Börg.

Paul Di Biasio
12-22-2003, 2:51 PM
The cover of the Feb issue of Woodwork has a gentleman working on a stool clamped with a Börg pattern vise. I would like to get one of these but have only found Taiwanese copies at Woodworkers Supply and Woodcraft. My guess is its German.

Here was a description
Benchtop patternmaker's vise-Also called a carver's vise, this model is designed with flexibility in mind-both in the shape of the workpiece to be held and how you orient it. While the two 4 7/8-in.-widejaws open to 6 5/8 in., their unique quality is that they pivot independently to more effectively hold irregular objects. Plus, the entire vise swivels 360 degrees so you can easily reach each side of the project. It's attached to a workbench with a single threaded rod and is easily removed when not in use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod Torgeson
12-22-2003, 3:26 PM
Paul...Is this what you are looking for?

Benchtop patternmaker's vise-Also called a carver's vise, this model is designed with flexibility in mind-both in the shape of the workpiece to be held and how you orient it. While the two 4 7/8-in.-wide jaws open to 6 5/8 in., their unique quality is that they pivot independently to more effectively hold irregular objects. Plus, the entire vise swivels 360 degrees so you can easily reach each side of the project. It's attached to a workbench with a single threaded rod and is easily removed when not in use.

The model shown (No. 801-802) costs about $95 at Woodworker's Supply, 1108 North Glenn Rd., Casper, WY82601.

You can see a picture by going to google and search for "benchtop patternmaker's vise". Include the quotes in your search. Hope this helps. Rod in Appleton, WA

Paul Di Biasio
12-22-2003, 4:56 PM
I am looking for the German made vise by a company called Borg, not the copy sold by stewmac.com & woodcraft.com.

Does anyone have one of these vises (even the copies)? Do you like it?