PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 24tt problem

Jeff Chumbley
03-31-2007, 3:47 PM
I am trying to laser anodized aluminum pieces using a template. My problem is that the first and last pieces in the template from left to right are not lasering satisfactorily. Like there is not enough power there. The rest of them are fine.

I have cleaned optics, encoder strip, table is level, cant think of anything else

David Harvey
03-31-2007, 3:59 PM
Jeff, Mine does that also. I believe it has to do with the Ramp-up and Ramp-down times. Making changes in the configuration on mine did not seem to help much.
What I do, is place a narrow rectangle about an inch before and after the engraving area. The height of the rectangle needs to be as tall as the engraving area and aligned horizontally with it too.

This causes the laser to fire earlier and get ramped up by the time it begins the engraving area and keeps it on after the engraved area has been passed.

I don't know if it will help on yours, but it sure did on mine. good luck!

Larry Bratton
03-31-2007, 3:59 PM
Call Epilog tech support. Bet they have an answer. Is your machine still in warranty? Have you made any kind of change to anything since you ran it last? I'm brand new to lasers but not to machines in general, so I can't help you on specifics. Are you lasering across the whole width of the table?

Jeff Chumbley
03-31-2007, 4:19 PM
bout a month ago I ran this same job and they all came out very nice. The width is 1-19" Using the same file and template. I dont know what has changed.

Jeff

Joe Pelonio
03-31-2007, 5:11 PM
bout a month ago I ran this same job and they all came out very nice. The width is 1-19" Using the same file and template. I dont know what has changed.

Jeff

Is the aluminum flat? Possible cupped, so the ends are not in focus? If so, set at a little more power and manually focus to a spot between the center and ends.

If it is flat, then try that file on another material, if that works well it could be the anodization was not even - I've seen that happen before.

Jeff Chumbley
03-31-2007, 5:34 PM
Joe its a bunch of pieces here is a pic. Cant really tell from the pics but the 1st 2 are the ends that are not cooperating

Dave Jones
04-01-2007, 6:38 PM
Is it possible that when you did them a month ago you used a slower speed and less power? The ramp up/down problem would be less when the speed is slower. Also, have you cleaned the optics recently?

Roy Brewer
04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
My problem is that the first and last pieces in the template from left to right are not lasering satisfactorily.

Jeff,

1. Is there a chance the left side of X-axis assembly has been bumped out of rails? Grab hold of the left side and see if you can "jiggle" it up/down. If so, the safety feature has "kicked in" and you need to reseat.

2. Have you tried adjusting the ramping and overtravel adjustments in the settings menu?

3. It could, of course, be alignment, but unless you've done something drastic, I don't see how that could have changed since the last time you ran your project.

Jeff Chumbley
04-02-2007, 5:07 PM
I will check those things out thankyou.