PDA

View Full Version : Materials

SteveKrim
12-22-2003, 1:00 PM
Hi All,

As I was browsing the web, I noticed people were lasering a couple materials I am not familiar with. The 2 that caught my attention were White marble and a black tile. I have a couple of ther laserable tiles from laser bits, but this website says they use plain old black tiles... Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Keith Outten
12-30-2003, 8:04 AM
Steve,

Im not sure about the white material but the black tile sounds like marble. Marble is a natural stone that is available everywhere in the USA but for engraving purposes you want to use a marble that does not contain any veining. A solid black marble withour veining is imported from China and available from a dealer in Georgia, I think I already sent you the link to their web site.

There is also a black granite that is supposed to engrave well but I haven't found a source yet. If you can't find a source for a white material try Corian, use a mask and paint as required.

SteveKrim
12-30-2003, 3:11 PM
Steve,

Im not sure about the white material but the black tile sounds like marble. Marble is a natural stone that is available everywhere in the USA but for engraving purposes you want to use a marble that does not contain any veining. A solid black marble withour veining is imported from China and available from a dealer in Georgia, I think I already sent you the link to their web site.

There is also a black granite that is supposed to engrave well but I haven't found a source yet. If you can't find a source for a white material try Corian, use a mask and paint as required.

Keith,

I actually did get some of that Marble fom GA, that is what I did the kids photo and my freinds command isignia on.

I can get all the black Granite you (or anyone else) needs. I was over there one day picking up a case and they literally had a pallet full of this stuff. If you want me to look into this further, let me know.

Steve