PDA

View Full Version : I got a gripe!

Bill Wyko
03-30-2007, 2:38 PM
I got my rockler catalog today and the only turning products I can find in the entire thing is a duplicator. Do we smell or something? That ain't right.:mad:

Bob Opsitos
03-30-2007, 2:56 PM
Just order up free copies of the catalogs from Packard and Craft Supplies and you'll be set. Oneway has a nice free catalog as well. PSI's is worth getting as well.

Nothing like a good tool catalog, a highlighter, and a toilet for a good BM. As one of the old technicans who used to work here would say, "Don't force it" :D

Bob

Bill Wyko
03-30-2007, 2:57 PM
LMAO:o :o :o :D

Doug Collins
03-30-2007, 3:33 PM
That's funny!

Hilel Salomon
03-30-2007, 5:07 PM
The answer to the first question is yes!!!! Turners smell to sawdust and if they're turning spalted stuff, the sawdust is musty. Secondly, Rockler's online catalogue has lots of turning stuff, but............. In order to turn, I think that you need a lathe or a wife with fingers like rocks and an arm that can whirl at 1500 rpm. Fortunately, my wife has me turning the wooden blocks while she uses the axe..... I mean skew.

Bill Wyko
03-30-2007, 6:50 PM
Got the lathe part covered. As far as the wife goes, she won't touch it until it's done. Then I get a nod of approval or a statement of rejection.

Rich Stewart
03-31-2007, 2:14 AM
Mighty clean lathe you got there. Mine ain't that clean after I clean it.

Bill Wyko
04-01-2007, 2:19 AM
Rich you gotta give me a little slack. It's only 5 days old.;) That picture is from day one. :D The piece thats on it is from the end of day one.

Chip Sutherland
04-01-2007, 3:00 PM
I have a Rockler store about 30 miles from me and they have a turning section but it is only mildly stocked. It's not a primary focus for Rockler who focuses on branding their own merchandise. The have come up with some cool items but since I'm turning nowadays, they don't cater to my needs. It probably doesn't help that I have a Woodcraft < 2 miles from work but Woodcraft carries a bigger selection albeit still limited. The catalogs previously mentioned are both excellent. I still tend to buy my tools locally because I want to feel them in my hands. But I've got probably 100 items earmarked in each catalog....which is why I hate getting a new one.....there's all those things to re-mark...as well as...new things I need to mark. Alas I have no budget.