PDA

View Full Version : holdfast vaccuum system

Hilel Salomon
03-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Mann tool has a sale today and I saw a holdfast vaccuum system. Anyone out there try this? It needs a compressor, so I'm reluctant, but it looks to be ok?

Benjamin Dahl
03-30-2007, 1:58 PM
Hilel, I asked a similar question and it did not seem that many (or any) creekers have used one. I did a google search and the feedback on another forum did not seem too good. some complaints were due to excessive noise and a lack of holding power, especially on larger pieces but also on small pieces. A rep for the company had a response stating many things he said it did well. he said it was designed as an affordable entry to vacuum chucking but did admit certain limitations.
I decided not to go with it.
Ben

Hilel Salomon
03-30-2007, 3:51 PM
Thanks Ben,

I was leaning toward getting it, as it was $219 -10%, but recently- and only recently-I've been staying away from bargains which won't ever be used. When I did the google search you recommended, I too was left with a sense that it wasn't worth it.
Regards, Hilel.

Benjamin Dahl
03-30-2007, 4:06 PM
Hillel, Hartville tool is also having a sale (20% off) and that is what had me look at it. Most of the talk here about vacuum chucks is positive and it seemed like this would have been a great deal but too many questions still exist. The abyss already can swallow a ton of money, no need to waste any more.
Ben