PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
03-30-2007, 7:18 AM
Friday March 30th, 2007

I hope this has been a good week for y'all and it'll hopefully be a great weekend.

LOML got back last night from her trip to Phoenix. Her stay in Phoenix was good, it was the air travel back and forth that made it the trip from.......you know where. Cancelled flights, late flights because crew members scheduled hadn't had enough time since their last flight and to top it off, a lady that was on the plane going to Madison that was supposed to be on a plane going to San Francisco!!!! How do you confuse Madison with San Francisco?????

After a couple of days of almost 80 degrees, it's cooled off here. Overcast with some rain. I'm not complaining though. Those of you in the mid section that had that severe weather, I hope you came through it OK.

Going to try and finish cleaning/straighting the shop in hopes of starting a project this coming week. We'll see how that turns out.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? Let's hear about it.

Karl

Mario Lucchesi
03-30-2007, 7:30 AM
Wiring unisaw, going to auction on Sat. it has a bunch of woodworking tool that will be auctioned off. My son will be home from college for the weekend also. Should be a great weekend.

Tyler Howell
03-30-2007, 7:39 AM
I started my weekend off with a couple of Jokes from Karl!:D :D
He bud,
In town this weekend. Mostly cooking and cleaning
Bunch of friends are going to see old folky, Tom Paxton tonight. Their coming here for dinner first.
Another honey do for one of the lady friends.
I entered the neighborhood chili contest on Sunday.
We roam from house to house, praise and graze then gather at one home for dessert and awards.
A little shop time tomorrow. Play safe.;)

jeremy levine
03-30-2007, 8:31 AM
I will probably be adding insulation to the attic before it is to hot. Now it really the best time in the NY City area. Not to hot , not to cold in the attic.

Nancy Laird
03-30-2007, 8:39 AM
Goin' home. Heading west on I-40 this morning, stop scheduled in Conway, then another in Muskogee, then home to Rio Rancho on Sunday. It has been a good vacation, but I'm anxious to get home to LOML and see what he has accomplished this week while I've been gone.

Have a good one, everybody!

Nancy

Jim Becker
03-30-2007, 8:59 AM
This weekend currently promisses a trip to Hearne Hardwoods (http://www.hearnehardwoods.com) on Saturday morning with Robert Tarr to do a little "shopping" as well as more work in the shop on the hall table and a few other things. I'm currently unhappy with some of the finishing aspects of the table which will require a little reworking.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-30-2007, 9:34 AM
Survive today......Wife works half the day and then she goes to Vancouver, WA.

Turn Saturday, turn Sunday......Wife returns Sunday with our 14 year old grandson, our granddaughter and great grandson, then the great granddaughter from across the river will be here with the 2nd granddaughter.....In short for the next week a lot of grandkids and both great grandkids will be here.........

Al Willits
03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Cleaning..what else.
Throwing a bit more stuff from a previous hobby out, and trying to make more room.
I've got basic plans for the storage cabinet made, and will start on that.

I've almost got myself convinced to sell the Dewalt planner I have, and put that money towards a drum sander, still get the "look" went I mention buying more tools, so I haven't quite made up my mind yet. :)

Looks like rain all weekend so I should have lots of time in the garage.
Maybe give Tyler a call and see if it's burger time again.

Also Nic has offered to sell me a nice Stanley planer for what seems a very reasonable price, he says its set up and ready to go...thanks Nic
Check should be enoute soon.
And I'll post when it gets here and I have a chance to play with.

Al...who's still waiting for them plane tickets Ted :D

Art Mulder
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
How do you confuse Madison with San Francisco?????

Karl,
Every time I get on a plane the past few years, they scan my boarding pass with a barcode reader before I get through the doors. And I've seen someone get "beeped" for handing in the wrong pass.

So in situations like this I find myself wondering how the gate staff let her get on the plane. In fact, considering how crazy I've seen some airport concourses, I'd almost blame them more than her. :confused:

But this weekend? Well, we're going away to visit the father-in-law for the weekend, so I'll be shopless... no progress on my dresser project (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=52208).

Greg Cole
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I will be avoiding the Creek and all the gloats forth coming from the much heated & anticipated domino deliveries. LOL. I saw Per's yesterday, and I can't take anymore! LOLOL
If the skies will stop dropping water long enough, I hope to pick up 100bf of red elm for nothing else than it's too good deal to let pass by.
Also getting to be deck building weather here in KC, I had to mow the lawn already this week and it will need it again by the end of the weekend. So again weather depending, I might make a few holes in the ground to fill with ceeeeeement as it's referred to here in the mid-west. LOML has been wondering out loud when the "guy who remodeled the exterior of the house will get around to replacing the deck". If I hear it enough, I take the hint.... but the boy just loves the MUD pit out there where the deck once was! LOML seems to have an issue with the mud finding it's way in the house, "somehow".

John Timberlake
03-30-2007, 1:32 PM
Will start by getting the gravel out of the grass and back into the driveway from scraping snow all winter. Then trimming rose bushes, etc getting ready for spring.

Then I hope to get some time to work on daughter's dining chairs. Final fitting of mortise and tenon joints on seat, resawing walnut for bent laminations for the back splats, and hopefully some gluing.

Carson Saunders
03-30-2007, 2:15 PM
Finally got some sheets goods for the playroom entertainment center. I plan to do some sawing this weekend to create the actual pieces from the sheets. Both Lowes and HD are having tool sales so I plan to pick up a router at one of the places. The timing couldn't be better considering I will have many dadoes and rabbets to cut for this piece. First project...pretty damn exciting!

Ted Miller
03-30-2007, 3:53 PM
Cleaning..what else.
Al...who's still waiting for them plane tickets Ted :D

Al, LOL I love it, as soon as I see the "weekenders thread", I see Al with a broom and thinking, "ok where is this box gonna go so I can fit that machine there or there", lol.

Well my freind I just bought two shirts from the SMC store to contribute here and I just made another purchase with Bob Marino on some more Festools. But trust me that airplane ticket will get in there soon, I hope. Steaks and drinks are always here, so thats a given...

Fred Voorhees
03-30-2007, 3:58 PM
This afternoon (Fri), the wife and I are delivering the sideboard that I built, out to our sons place out in Pennsylvania. After some morning chores in the AM Saturday, I will be heading out to check out a possible new lumber source. It's a gentleman that I contacted over the internet who has a sawmill about a good half hour away and he says he has quite a bit of stock and runs the mill almost seven days a week. I'm hoping that this one works out as the one I checked in on last week was not up to snuff really. I need a steady supplier of lumber since my old freind Simmy Agin died. Once I get home from checking out that sawmill, it will be back in the shop to finish up installing the drawer guides on the platform bed that I'm building. Just a few minor things and the finish and that project is ready for delivery. Sunday I have the option of joining some racing buddies for a two hour trip West out into central Pennsylvania for my first local dirt track stock car show of the season at the Big Diamond Raceway in Forrestville,PA.