PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Fence Upgrade

Rick McGregor
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I've been considering upgrading my table saw fence from the stock Ridgid 3612 fence to a ???. Not really sure what would be a good fit for this saw, the local Lowes has the Delta T2 fence and rail system for 127.50, maybe this would be a good addition. I would like to stay around the $150 - $175 range if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info.

Paul Douglass
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
I put a Mule Accusquare on my Craftsman contractor saw. I love it, some don't.

Homer Faucett
03-30-2007, 5:33 AM
I've been considering upgrading my table saw fence from the stock Ridgid 3612 fence to a ???. Not really sure what would be a good fit for this saw, the local Lowes has the Delta T2 fence and rail system for 127.50, maybe this would be a good addition. I would like to stay around the $150 - $175 range if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info.

For the money, I don't think you can beat the Delta T2 fence. It is absolutely fantastic. 2" square steel tubing and angle iron makes up the fence system, so it is stout, and it glides very smoothly. The only down point is that the cursor sits a little high above the tape, making it difficult for some to lock it down at the exact width they want. Adding a piece of plexiglass with a straight line scribed through it as a cursor can help with that for not much money. I say go with the T2, it's really just a smaller Biesemeyer for a great price.

Frederick Rowe
03-30-2007, 6:31 AM
I completely agree with Homer. The T-2 Fence is a bargin and a very good fence. I had one with my first table saw, a Delta Hybrid. Once dialed in, I never had to adjust it. I also swapped out the curser so that it lay closer to the scale.

scott spencer
03-30-2007, 6:38 AM
IMO the T2 is a pretty good fence at regular price. $128 is a nice buy. It'd cost closer to $200 to get in the ballpark with just about any other decent fence.

The Vega is on sale thru Amazon for $184 shipped...more money, but also a good alternative.