PDA

View Full Version : Jointech VS Incra Table Saw Fence System??

Matt Miklos
03-29-2007, 3:59 PM
Hi,

I am looking at outfitting my table saw with one of the two and was looking for some feedback on the Jointech and Incra systems. Any help would be appreciated.

Rich Person
03-29-2007, 4:13 PM
This one always starts a huge debate--which has been addressed many, many times. I would really consider doing a search for incra and jointech.

The bottom line seems to be if you like the whole Jointech system, then it might be a better deal. If you just want the fence, then Incra is a better deal. Probably the best thing to do is go look at each on personaly.

In my case, I just wanted the fence, so I went with Incra.

Don Bullock
03-29-2007, 4:40 PM
This one always starts a huge debate--which has been addressed many, many times. I would really consider doing a search for incra and jointech.

The bottom line seems to be if you like the whole Jointech system, then it might be a better deal. If you just want the fence, then Incra is a better deal. Probably the best thing to do is go look at each on personaly.

In my case, I just wanted the fence, so I went with Incra.

Rich is right on this one. According to the information I got from Jointech they will not sell just the table saw fence eventhough some claim they bought one that way. They told me that I had to buy the whole Sawtrain system including all the router accessories. I actuall ended up buying the whole Incra system because I will need the router fence etc. later when I add a router table to the end of my table saw, but I just didn't like the attitude of the Jointech email I received. What I do like about the Jointech system that isn't available for the Incra is their "floating tables." I will be looking into making my own in the future using the Incra rails.

I just asked the same question a few weeks ago. There were some good responses to my thread. Here is the thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=53494&highlight=incra+jointech

I have ordered the Incra mainly because it costs less than the Jointech. They both seem to do approximately the same thing although some may claim that this isn't true. Onme person told me that htey went with the Jointech because he didn't like the gold color of the Incra. For me it could be purple with green dots like Barney. As long as it does what I want it for, the color is just fine. I was planning on waiting until I saw both systems at a woodworking show, but I'm buying my saw in a couple of weeks and didn't want to wait too long for the fence to arrive.

Douglas Robinson
03-29-2007, 5:20 PM
I have the Incra TSLS system. I love it! The service has been the best I have ever experienced. I recently upgraded to a PM2000 and the table is 30.5 inched deep. Perry at Incra sold me the conversion lit for $59. When I first bought the system I had to call them and spoke to Perry (2004) who literally wrote the manuals. Recently I could not find a gudie screw. Perry (again) said "I was under warranty" and he would send me the whole guide assemble free!

I have never used the Jointech system and am completely unqualified to speak about it.:D

Doug

Rich Person
03-29-2007, 5:24 PM
I should note that I had some issues with my Incra system as delivered (bent part, wrong & bent fence, missing bolts), but Woodpeckers worked to make everything right in the end.

John Hulett
03-29-2007, 5:45 PM
I bought what is now package number four from woodpeckers. If I had to do it all over again, I'd forego the joinery package, but still go with the TSLS for sure, and maybe the wonderfence. The TSLS is GREAT, and I like having the router table to the right of the saw.

The joinery package is really only good for small projects; drawers, jewelery boxes, etc. If you want to make a dovetailed blanket chest, this is not the solution for you. If/when I upgrade my saw, I plan to move the Incra to the new saw.

- John