PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements Question.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
12-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Julie started a thread on posting pics on the forums and several of the replies mentioned Photoshop Elements. One post mentioned a helper book and CD named "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements. I went to the Amazon site and ordered Photoshop Elements. I noticed that there was also another book and CD named "Photoshop Elements Solutions. They both sounded good. Is one of these better than the other?

Daniel Rabinovitz
12-22-2003, 4:16 PM
Don
I use the full blown - Photoshop 7
Have many books about it.
They are almost all the same program.
I'm sure that there are other fellows lurking around here that could help you get up and running with Elements.
Just ask.
If I'm around - be glad to help.
Daniel :cool:
ps Sorry for not answering the book question directly.

Jim Becker
12-22-2003, 6:15 PM
I just bought the "Hidden Power" book. It's impressive, but way beyond my present capability as it introduces a lot of color separation and in turn, working on those separations to sweeten the picture. I intrisicly understand it and it will come in handy someday, but not right now...I just don't have the time to work with it in detail. Fortunately, Elements has a huge amount of power to it "as-is" and I'm learning new ways to manipulate things every time I use it.

Hoppy Halidays!

Jason Tuinstra
12-22-2003, 7:03 PM
Don, I was the one who mentioned "The Hidden Power" book. I agree with Jim, there is a good learning curve to it. It's a great book, but it helps to know some of the P.E. vocabulary ahead of time. Having said that, I don't think you can go wrong with the book. It's really helped me out in the pictures that I've been taking. I also have "Photoshop Elements Solutions." This is a great book to get you into the basics and it is by far the best book I've seen for learning the basics. Of course, that's just my .02. The manual that comes with P.E. is good in explaining the tools, but not real good in teaching you what to do with the tools. That's where these books come in handy. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. Thanks.

Jason

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
12-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks, gentlemen. I guess i'll wait until I have gotten through the Users Guide before I go to something else. I do find a lot of references to things which have not been introduced, whch makes the guide pretty iffy.

Pete Lamberty
12-23-2003, 9:29 AM
Hi Don, I don't know if this will help, but I just bought a book called, "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Classroom in a book". I bought it at Amazon. It too has a CD included. I can' tell you how good the book is because I just got it the other day. Previous readers gave it a good review at Amazon. Pete

Glenn Clabo
12-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Don,
Try this to start...
http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/course/bllps5out.htm