PDA

View Full Version : Update on flooring problem...

Greg Ladd
03-28-2007, 11:21 PM
A few days ago I posted regarding problems I was having installing some Brazilian redwood flooring I had purchased.

After becoming completely frustrated I sent an email to Lumber Liquidators stating the frustration I had and requesting that they consider allowing me to return the material that I had not used. I realized that I had been told that I could not return the material due to a small discount I had been given.

Lumber Liquidators called me back and told me to return everything that I had purchased and that they would be glad to exchanged every thing for different type of wood. I told them that there was a significant amount of material that had been drilled, nailed or broken. I also didn't think I had all of the original boxes. "No problem at all" I was told, "Bring it back and we will take care of it."

I returned all of it yesterday and exchanged it for 3/4" American Cherry. While the new floor may be somewhat soft and prone to dinging and gouges, my wife is thrilled with the new wood and I am pleased that I will be able to install it without the tribulations I had before. I am waiting for everything to acclimate and will begin installation next week.

Lumber Liquidators certainly earned my business in the future.

Greg

Don Bullock
03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Greg, that's great to know. I plan on installing some hardwood floors in the future.