PDA

View Full Version : How to play with your Domino(s)

Per Swenson
03-28-2007, 9:23 PM
Sorry, I can't help it.

Lighten up fellas.:eek:

Per

Don Bullock
03-28-2007, 9:30 PM
Perhaps Per has been spending too much time in that bar he's been building.:eek: ;) :D

glenn bradley
03-28-2007, 9:35 PM
My already high respect for you just went up a notch. A talented craftsman with a twisted sense of humor, ya gotta love it.

Gary Herrmann
03-28-2007, 9:37 PM
Thats it. Festool is definitely off my list. You'd think for that kind of money, they could at least not make the spots so dang splotchy.

Gary Keedwell
03-28-2007, 9:42 PM
7 of them.....Hmmmm $100 a piece.:rolleyes:

Gary K.

Per Swenson
03-28-2007, 9:54 PM
Gary,

Whoa, I wrote this in a giggly kinda warm funny make ya chuckle way.

But cha got me with that 100 buck a piece stuff.

Really.

Try the veal.

Per

Gary Keedwell
03-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Gary,

Whoa, I wrote this in a giggly kinda warm funny make ya chuckle way.

But cha got me with that 100 buck a piece stuff.

Really.

Try the veal.

Per
Come on Per ,,,,,you were throwing the bait out there.....;)

Gary K.

Dennis O'Leary
03-28-2007, 11:01 PM
...............:d

Bill Eshelman
03-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I thought the bar was good, but this is your calling.
Marketing genius!

Per Swenson
03-29-2007, 8:56 AM
Bill,

Marketing genius!

Well, no....but , I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:rolleyes:

Per.....who really should be working

Ted Miller
03-29-2007, 9:58 AM
Ok, If those are 5 x 30s, well thats a whole .04 cents each. I hope you wrote this off on your taxes as a loss.

My wife had a cooking catalog in her hands and asked if I could build her a Domino cutting board?. I thought to myself at first, "man she must be sick and tired of hearing about this new tool thats coming". Well she handed me the catalog and the cutting board was made from beechwood, I had to laugh...

Mark Singer
03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Is there a way....I am just thinking out loud of course.....that i can convert my biscuit joiner to a domino? I know it seems weird...but they look alike and some woodworkers wanted a device to convert a table saw to a SawStop ......I frend of ours just got married and he converted...and he also looks like a biscuit joiner.....except for the teeth vs the blade ...the plunging is similar:confused:

Dan Mages
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Is there a way....I am just thinking out loud of course.....that i can convert my biscuit joiner to a domino? I know it seems weird...but they look alike and some woodworkers wanted a device to convert a table saw to a SawStop ......I frend of ours just got married and he converted...and he also looks like a biscuit joiner.....except for the teeth vs the blade ...the plunging is similar:confused:

With duct tape and a McGyver sense of adventure, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

Ted Miller
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Mark, I think convert=throw old one away buy a different tool....

Greg Cole
03-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Wonder what the Spongebob ones my 5 year old has would go for....?
They have lotsa pretty little pictures on them... much more elaborate compared to those with the plain ol dots on'em.

As per Marks thinking out loud, I have had the same thought... but the sweeping sideways motion would be the rather fiddly part. The arbor on a biscuit cutter is in the wrong orientation for holding a spinning bit by 90*... also a threaded arbor versus a collect style bit holder...clear those 2 hurdles and it starts to appear do-able. Then again the right angle head might need to go buh bye and adapt the output shaft to hold round shanks... I think I have a dead Milwaukee right angle grinder lying around for a sacrificial tear down..... the right angle gearhead is pretty much identical I think... but not sure about output RPM's from grinder to biscuit cutter. Hmmmmmmm.
I play with all machines and machine tools at work and maybe just thinking too much about this already.....
Like Per said I should be working.

Sammy Shuford
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I hope the ink does not bleed through to the finished project!

Ted Miller
03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Sammy, I see Per right now breaking out the mineral oil trying to get those pen marks off and thinking to himself, "dominos are like gold, must clean must clean"...