PDA

View Full Version : Wife's first bowl

Wayne Hribar
12-21-2003, 9:52 PM
Finally got the wife out on the lathe this weekend, and this is her first bowl.

I'm very proud of her, and hoping she'll let me buy a bigger lathe now! LOL

Wayne

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
12-21-2003, 9:57 PM
That sure puts my first bowl to shame. Excellent job, and it also looks like she had a good teacher.

Wayne Hribar
12-21-2003, 10:00 PM
That sure puts my first bowl to shame. Excellent job, and it also looks like she had a good teacher.

Yes, I had an excellent teacher...but what you don't see is my hands!!! I am not really too proficient at this turning stuff...and my poor hands took quite a beating during the sanding!! LOL

Wayne is very patient, and talented at this...unfortunately I don't have the same talent.

Mrs. Wayne

Bob Lasley
12-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Looks to me like you have a talent for turning. I'd say you're a natural. Tell Wayne to buy YOU a bigger lathe.

Bob

Mark Singer
12-21-2003, 10:06 PM

Wayne

Great job!
Here is whats going to happen...she will get into it, take over your shop..get the big lathe...and not let you use it... You can then watch Emerill live and kick things up in the kitchen!

The only thing my wife has done in my shop is help me sweep up... I do appreciate it and she helps with big glue ups where time is a factor.

Your wife should be proud of that piece and you are a great instructor!
Mark

Wolf Kiessling
12-21-2003, 10:13 PM

Wayne

Yes sir, looks like we have seen the birth of a new turner.

Sure looks a lot better than my first bowl. Of course, when I got my lathe I didn't have a single turning tool but I was so anxious to get started I turned a small bowl with a screwdriver.

Keep it up, Mrs. Wayne, y'all done good....

Wolf

Joe Suelter
12-22-2003, 1:18 PM
Screwdriver?!? Philips or straight?!?!?! That's good..I've made chisels out of screwdrivers, but I've never even heard of anyone turning a bowl with one! That's awesome! BTW, nice lookin bowl there, Mrs. Wayne! Happy Holidays

Matt Bridges
12-22-2003, 8:05 PM
That's a heck of a good job for your first bowl!! You should be proud and we all beat up our hands the first sanding, so just keep at it :)

Matt